Lazair III

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby ger » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:28 pm

The trottle cables seem a bit too short that I have for a Lazair III. Where can I buy some new ones. And also a dual throttle levers.

Gerald
ger
Lazair.com Member

Postby huronflyer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:28 pm

A guy back in Ottawa made a real nice set of throttle cables out of outboard motor control cables.
Heavier than mine and a beautiful job.
One day ai may go that route, much better than my original ones, plus he made a special connection on the throttle cam.
He must have made his own twin lever or doubled up boat levers ( are you on here BILL R?).

drh
huronflyer
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:52 pm

I had mine remade some time back. i obtained the parts from an auto instrument supplier. instead of the flex cable wire i used solid stainless rod 1.9mm and this fits in a teflon inner shield inside the black outer sheath.
works smooth and free. you will also need to replace the adjuster down at the throttles with the larger type. at the engine side i just bent the end of the rod to fit the throttle on the carb and just drilled out the hole to suit the rod. i found this to be a much better result than the standard type that just kept binding and needed regular dismanteling to remove the dirt from inside the shield.

ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Here's my version... They are one continuous piece from the throttles to the carbs, and they work beautifully.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby 89 CHARLIE » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:48 pm

What throttle levers did you use??
89 CHARLIE
Lazair.com Member

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:50 pm

George,

Your set up is beautiful. If I remember right this is already on here some where, but could you post the sources and part numbers for your throttle quadrants and cables?

The aluminum cover/armrest is sweet too. Dimensions?

Hoping to start a single place restoration soon,
Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:46 pm

I saved a picture of the throttles and quadrant and all the rest that shiny perfect aluminum and named it how to do throttles lazair. I too would like to review the thread that project started out on.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair - General