I just got a Laziar and have a TON of questions!

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby sustainflight » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:33 pm

I think I now have a maintainable front wheel arrangement for the Lazair 2. I installed the urethane tires shown on http://www.wheeleez.com/utilitywheels.php, with 3/4" ID bearings. I split a sintered brass shoulder washer that Tyler found to form a snug fit that should still be removable even with mild deformation of the hollow 5/8" axle. Will let you know how this holds up.

With my delays in getting the undercarriage restored, I let the engines sit for about 6 weeks. Had a lot of trouble getting the engines to start. Lesson 1, fly more often...

Got both engines running for about 30 minutes at high power with temps in the operating range, but on throttle-back, the right engine stopped and wouldn't restart. Will check plugs to see if I was running it too rich. I clearly have a lot to learn about the KFMs, Delroto OVC carbs (idle mixture and speed only, no high mixture adjustment), and 2-strokes in general.

--
Craig
sustainflight
Popular Lazair Member

Postby JPXman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:31 am

post a couple of pics for us to feast on!
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:04 pm

Hey Craig - Im in Guthrie not far from OKC, I`ll bring the camera and take some pics

Miles
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby Wayne » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:07 pm

gidday newby
I also have a mk111 unassembled I found in outback australia, just do it (soooo, 80's) we only get a few chances in life and this is the big one, up there with getting married and having kids, dosn't get much better than that for the average joe on the street who stumbled onto the find of the century. the manual covers all you need to know but it's nice to share and compare before you drill. good luck with your mk111 and hope your airbourne soon. wayne.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne
LazairNUT

Previous

Return to Lazair - General