[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - I just got a Laziar and have a TON of questions!

I just got a Laziar and have a TON of questions!

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby JPXman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:09 pm

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby sustainflight » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:53 pm

sustainflight
Popular Lazair Member

Postby JPXman » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:59 am

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby sustainflight » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:57 am

sustainflight
Popular Lazair Member

Postby JPXman » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:54 am

theres a website on my parts page that i have for the B4 bearing (shoulder washer). look on their site, maybe they have something right to size for you. they are pricy, but they have every size imaginable and usually in stock. Rulon is the material, superior to nylon.

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:10 am

My plastic nose wheels have two nylon bushes for a snug fit on the tube axle. no wobblies here. i usually try to avoid long taxying but when i do i keep to the tail dragger way and keep the tail on the ground
ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby sustainflight » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:16 pm

Getting the Azusa front wheel with the flat tire off the inner axle required me to destroy the wheel. The steel 5/8" ID of the steel ball-bearing was apparently a tight fit when the inner axle was new. No amount of penetrating oil, time, and non-destructive tapping would budge it.

I'll probably return to stock or near stock configuration in order to have something maintainable. Looking at the Lazair 2 manual, it appears to have a T220 front axle (I assume 1" OD) a T246 inner sleeve, and T47 retaining collars. Where would I find specs (alloy, ID, OD, etc.) for these parts?

Tyler shows a possible source for the stock wheels. Any sources you guys know of for wheels that would work okay on concrete?

I see wheels that look pretty good on http://www.wheeleez.com/utilitywheels.php. They have 3/4" plastic bushing surfaces that would slide off a slightly distorted axle. I think we have to avoid hard steel bearings since they can't be pulled off an axle that's been even slightly distorted by tightening bolts.
sustainflight
Popular Lazair Member

Postby sustainflight » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:29 pm

BTW, does anyone have an electric copy of the Lazair 2 Assy and Ops manuals?

I have a paper copy that I might photocopy so there's one available at work (and to preserve the info if something happens to the original.

Craig
sustainflight
Popular Lazair Member

Postby JPXman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:13 pm

if you go to the top of this very page, and click "files" you will find a pdf at the bottom of the list of a 2-seater manual.

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby sustainflight » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 pm

Thanks Tyler,

It's labeled "2 Seater Assembly manual" but the link is to the cockpit enclosure kit. I snooped in the directory and found that the following will get the 2 seater assy manual until the link is corrected:

http://www.lazair.com/files/LazairIImanual.pdf

Craig
sustainflight
Popular Lazair Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lazair - General