Dale Kramer

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby Dale Kramer » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:29 pm

Ozzie,

The carbon fiber filled propellers were designed by Brian Eggleston (spelling?) who worked at DeHavalind. He had a new computer program that he wanted to test to see if it worked at our end of the spectrum.

I believe he said it was purposely designed with a non-helical pitch but I think we decided to call it a 28x10 propeller.

Sorry if this is too late.

Sounds like you are the man in Australia. I remember Murrays trip to the factory.

I would enjoy (and I'm sure others too) if you relayed the history of the lazair in Australia. If I remember correctly we sent one container of 20 kits there and 1 or 2 others.

Chappy,

I really wanted that Ebay plane, I had my high bid at $10,300. Glad you were a novice. I Bidnapped it. Hope one comes up for you.

I agree with your motivation, my participation is really bringing back some great memories.

Dale
Dale Kramer
Lazair.com Member

Postby Chappy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:07 pm

Dale Kramer @ Oct 19 2005, 01:29 PM wrote: Chappy,

I really wanted that Ebay plane, I had my high bid at $10,300. Glad you were a novice. I Bidnapped it. Hope one comes up for you.

I agree with your motivation, my participation is really bringing back some great memories.

Dale

Dale,

Actually, I just did! Check out the For Sale section for my report (I bet the picture will give you a kick). I just got back from Oregon with a Series III EC!

It's a good thing I did mess up when bidding for the plane you ended up with, as I saved you some serious money! I'm pretty sure, though, that there was at least one other fairly motivated bidder for your plane.

Chappy
Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:20 pm

Dale nice grab on that Elite -- but i do not imagine many woulda bid as high as 10k on it unless they had already sold it to Dave McKay for 16k --> 20 years prior ? Prolly made it a bit easier for you that way I would imagine.

regardless --should be alot of fun.

how is that gear on rough ground or poor grass strips ?
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby Dale Kramer » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:56 pm

Bob,

Thats great! The Elite I got has a lot of sentimental value (I didn't want to sell it to David in the first place). Sometimes you just got to have something.

I'll go read your report now.

Shortnaked,

Haven't landed on rough ground yet, not sure I want to test that right now.

Dale
Dale Kramer
Lazair.com Member

Previous

Return to Lazair - General