new Lazairs

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby tommyb » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:15 pm

I made this post once before and it got erased. Why doesn't someone rebuild/ sell new Lazair kits? Its been over 20 years cant we build more of them yet? Why not start a new company- yes I have interest in doing so that is part of why I'm asking
tommyb
Popular Lazair Member

Postby tommyb » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:58 pm

OK so now I see my other post so i feel stupid
tommyb
Popular Lazair Member

Postby xgary » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:09 am

tommyb -what would you pay fora new lazair series 3 ?
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby Dale Kramer » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:33 pm

I'm working on a mod for my Lazair that may just convince me to put it back in production.

I've been completely amazed at the response I've gotten as a result of my flights around Keuka Lake this summer.

Dale
Dale Kramer
Lazair.com Member

Postby xgary » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:32 pm

dale --i got alert here too

shortnaked,

Dale Kramer has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "new Lazairs".

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm working on a mod for my Lazair that may just convince me to put it back in production.

I've been completely amazed at the response I've gotten as a result of my flights around Keuka Lake this summer.

Dale

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here:
http://lazair.com/forum/index.php?showt ... getnewpost
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:35 pm

dale --completely surprized huh ?

Well you should not be as the lazair has provne to be a durable loved flying machine going on three decades now.

question is are they cost efficient to be abel to manufacture and sell ?
Prolly
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:18 pm

Dale Kramer @ Nov 1 2005, 06:33 PM wrote: I'm working on a mod for my Lazair that may just convince me to put it back in production.

Where do I send my C.V?

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby tommyb » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:45 pm

not sure how much a brand new II would be worth. However if they did go back into production I would want a 2 seater my self. I would register it as a experimental since I'm a GA pilot.

Whats it worth??? What did they cost the last year sold? I dont even know that. A really nice used one goes for around $5K so a new one would be closer to 10 or so I would think. However if you could buy them new now for 5-7K I believe that they would flood the market which is what I would want if I were to reproduce them. My thoughts are to flood the market the first year than raise the prices but get new ones out so people see them.
Heck maybe even try and get a 2 seat enclosed version certified for light sport (lots of money). That would be more like $50K to buy new, if it can be done.
Just my 2 cents
tommyb
Popular Lazair Member

Postby lazairkid » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:48 pm

B) Hey Dale,
I'd come work for you and promote the lazair. :P
Lazairkid
lazairkid
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:54 am

B) at the National fly In last Easter i showed all the old movies of the Lazair and so many people thought the Lazair was a recent ultralight and wanted to know were to buy one. i could have sold 3 kits that night. they got a big shock when told they missed all the fun by 20 yrs. i know when put back into production it will be as popular as it was back then. paticularly with all the improvements in availble materials and trends. cost? don't see much change from twenty grand tho.
anyway Dale, Australian agent waiting his first delivery, so, 'into it, sport!,, ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Next

Return to Lazair - General