engines 28/lb-25hp

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby JPXman » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:06 pm

looking good

as always i have a comment:

- looks like you redid your seat and the way it attaches to the airframe. I would suggest putting that support cross tube OVER the fuselage frame. Right now all of your weight is being supported by what looks like 2 tiny bolts. put that cross tube over those other tubes and now the tube carries the load rather than the bolts.

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:09 pm

OK Tyler -- IM removing the seat covering now so I can clean it or replace it. But that's the first thing I've done with the seat, so I will have to look things over now get orientated to what you're talking about.

I got the engines back on the wings now, looking at my throttle options and brake handle locations -- l guess that will be brake handles.

But it can't go without saying, thanks for keeping an eye on the project Tyler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:11 pm

I hope I get a little fun out all of these engines
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:44 pm

i am always amazed when i study pictures of a true series I. so simple, so light. must have been so revolutionary in the late 70s when it was taking shape.............a computer to do your taxes took up a whole room and they came up with this using drafting tools and a little know how. very cool.
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:07 pm

another view
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:27 pm

What do you think
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:03 am

How much fun you're gonna get out of those engines is directly related to how much you weigh. At 140 pounds (10 pounds lighter than the plane itself), I have a ball (except when I'm crashing), but when a friend flys it who weighs 210 the performance is greatly affected. Use caution when diving down in that cotton field to zoom along close to the ground because the climb rate is low and those trees at the edge of the field come at you real fast! You'll also find a noticeable effect that high temps have not only on the climb rate but also the cruise speed. Cruise will take about 3/4 of your throttle.
Please check your center of gravity before you finish up. That 5 gallon tank has added 4 gallons of fuel more than what it came with in 1980. That's roughly 25 pounds.
All in all, looks like you'll find out this summer. No matter what, you'll have a ball.

Russell
russell
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Thanks for the advice Russell -- made little progress on the brake handles and the throttles looked like they will find a place tomorrow.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:58 pm

yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:15 am

Well needless to say that was some action packed flight you had yourself that afternoon. Sounds like a great flying environment in that part of the country. Sure beats cotton plants. That being 21 years ago confirms it was a memorable experience.
Oh, I hope you've learned to do a better job of picking which coworker to hang out with! :)
russell
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Lazair - General