Lazair in Lakeland FL

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby huronflyer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:17 pm

A pilot friend gives warm account after seeing Lazair on
You Tube:

If you go to the museum at the Lakeland airport, you will see a Lazair hanging from the ceiling. It used to belong to Jack Arnold, who lives locally here in Bristol. I have some in-flight shots of it from back in the 80's. I made a flying video called "Hummers in Autumn," designed and made a camera mount so that I could shoot in flight videos, and once I figured out how to keep the vibration out, it worked pretty well. I was supposed to have flown that one at Lakeland, but on the day I went to Abingdon, the wind came up, and I decided not to fly an airplane I wasn't familiar with in breezy conditions. Wish I had, the Lazair was the first ultralight I ever saw that had great control authority, and the first I ever saw do a loop, that was in Tullahoma.

richard@bcchapel.org
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
huronflyer
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:20 pm

If that was Tullahoma 1980 I was there ! Ah you should have seen Peter even in a Series I outfly all the early UL junk that was there. When the kites were lucky to get off the ground and back down in one piece the Lazair was out there doing loops.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:13 pm

Lakeland Lazair
Shannon
SHANNON

Return to Lazair - General