ford trimotor
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:27 pm

Garbage!
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:28 pm

It's always amazing to me how people can chop up a prefectly good Lazair.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:20 pm

To me the question is...WHY?

Just like Shannon was saying earlier on a different post. When guys do this, they screw up the original, and perfectly working design for a non tested design and ultimately end up with a plane that doesn't work or fly right if at all. Why else would this plane be being "parted out"? Because it didn't work!

Now, if you want to talk about real improvements that add value to the plane, then there are a numebr of them here on the forum by a number of competent individuals that are proven and very satisfactory.
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:52 pm

I thought it looked kinda cool. Those high mountain lakes are hard to get out of on 10HP so this dude came up with a solution. I don't know if the added weight of the large engine would allow cruise only on the two pioneer's though......

strange that he left the skiis on, on top of the floats? and who leaves the tie down ropes on the plane when you go flying.

both good and bad seen here. i wonder how much it weighs.....
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:41 am

I would think that the Pionners would add a little boost for takeoff but once it's up to cruise they would just add drag because there thrust wouldn't be able to keep up and what little you'd gain (if any) would be eaten up in prop drag. Just an opinion and not an educated one at that. What I know about airplane dynamics won't fill a thimble.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:46 am

I recall years back when people were talking about skinning with metal. Of course all the logical reasons to NOT do this were laid out. Of course it was done anyway. Just another nice converted wide gear Series II to scratch off the flying list. Can you imagine all the extra holes in everything. You would need to replace all the C-channel in the spars to make the wings viable again and who knows what else. What an absolute and complete utter mess ! Call Orkin !

Notice mention that the airframe needs overhaul. What does that mean ? Oh well who cares huh. Just another example of big ideas in play on an already functional machine. You do this stuff and all types of problems arise. In particular I note how the add-on seat has been pushed far far aft on this lead sled. Undoubtably this machine has plenty of power to fly but I question the "quality" of that flight ! Just imagine the prop blast coming off that huge prop on a 30 degree morning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Return to Lazair parts for sale