[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Parts for the future

Parts for the future

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby JPXman » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:08 am

hey karl i was going to ask you:

On my series 3, I don't have those nylon standoffs for the front down tube - is that a series 2 only thing? Shannon?

Also, I think Chappy mentioned that ultraflight switched from nylon plugs in the tubes to aluminum, are you still using the nylon ones?

what are packers?

Anyway, if you have CNC capability maybe aluminum plugs would be a better choice for group purchase? We'd have to see what plugs we're talkin about so people can make the switch.
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:22 pm

Yep those nylon "stand-offs" or "saddle bushings" are a Series 2 thing.

Postby jb88ci » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:56 pm

hey Karl,

My wish list is pod, instrument cluster and tach cluster for tiny tach's....i think spinners look great but my boss tells me that even if put on with a dial indicator to remove run-out, they'll crack.....
jb88ci
Popular Lazair Member

Postby flyalaz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:42 pm

His CNC machine is set up for cutting plastics, and some composites, so that's why I asked him if he would be willing to make us the parts we need. Most of the parts we need are basically rod stock with a couple of holes added, or a curve in the end to fit a tube. The metal plugs are again rod stock, drilled and tapped for things like the rod ends. Those are pretty easy for anybody to do, but because the Nylon 66 is really tough stuff, it needs to be machined.
Send in all your wish lists guys, ya never know when something will come up that everybody wants! Because I have series 2, those parts are easier to make because I have them. For series 3, I would need a part to model from.
A new pod is on my list as well. Wheel pants are being developed as well as spinners- both made from ABS. Strobe lights are happening as soon as my order of Lexan arrives. I also have orders for seat covers and cargo bags. Keep giving me ideas and these hands will never do the devils work! :blink:

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:11 pm

Take care when making threaded aluminum plug inserts for the pushrods. The exact wall thickness of the particular 1/2" tubing used must be taken into careful consideration before machining of a matched size plug insert.

When machined properly a plug insert should slip into the tube without forcing it yet it should have no great amount of clearance. A matched set if you will.

S

Karl: "The metal plugs are again rod stock, drilled and tapped for things like the rod ends. Those are pretty easy for anybody to do, "

Postby flyalaz » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:19 pm

flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:49 pm

I made some drawings of the saddle bushings for the front assembly M3, (series 2), the top ring bushing, B7, as well as the bushing that the rudder rod goes through M2.
When my buddy gets some free time, he'll convert them into the cad program and buzz them out on his cnc.
Probably going to be a while, but once the drawing is done, it'll be around forever. Kind of like the Lazair that way!

Blue skies.
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:13 pm

Really nice Karl, It would be really nice to purchase some OEM type nylon parts that are currently not available. Additionally I may submit a picture and drawing to you for the Series 3 ruddervator and aileron pushrod guide nylon inserts.

S
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby flyalaz » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 pm

Hey Shannon,

Send them along anytime you want. And like a lot of my projects (it seems), it is probably going to take a while, but once it's done, it'll be done for good. Those bushings don't look complicated. If it's what I think, some rod stock turned down to create flanges, and then bored out to proper diameter, (or bored out then turned) will do the trick. I have a couple of feet of material on hand, so small stuff like that might be done sooner.

Cheers,
Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:44 am

Sign me up for a pile of those rod-guide-bushings. Its the one nylon part you can't avoid large amounts of constant wear on.

That, and the enclosure mechanism uses them as well :)
JPXman
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Lazair parts for sale