[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Lazair for sale in California

Lazair for sale in California

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby rayjb60 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:15 pm

Im passing along some info on a Lazair for sale in California by a Pat Mitchell.

He is asking around $1000 and sounds like it will not take much to get it flying again. Some minor recovering work on an aileron and engine tuneup.

It must go to a person who wants to maintain and fly it, not for parts, as it is a very viable craft, and perhaps there is a little sentimental value there for Pat.

I'd recommend someone scooping up this good deal immediately before the opportunity is missed.

I'd buy it myself if I didnt already have a couple aircraft.

Here is his email.

patm31751@yahoo.com
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:33 pm

$1000 is a great price for the plane especially if it comes with the trailer. From the looks of these pictures the plane may need a bit more than a quick dust-off to get it flying. The covering looks pretty bad on the outer wing bays.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:49 pm

Yep, covering is shot. Notice how it's lifting off the ribs. The D-cells also have some pretty good oxidation probably through the alclad layer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby rayjb60 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:36 pm

Yep, at least a partial recovering is in order here, if thats the worst of it.

Needs some TLC alright, and a washing.....its covered in desert dust.....maybe a wash will reveal a better looking Alcad than it appears to be in the picture.

Mine gets dusty like that to, here in California.....a rinse makes it look 100% better.

But where on earth could you get a real nice, strong aircraft for $1000

Someone is going to be a happy camper when they are flying around knowing they didnt break the bank to have so much fun and freedom.
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:28 pm

Man, why that guy got wings laying on sticks and crap ?? That will cause little dents in skin ?

Postby ozzie » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:56 am

<_< yet another dirt cheap unpranged Lazair i bet it has rotax engines and all the mod cons as well. us aussies are so jealous can't find one like that here for love of money. consider yourselves lucky. i wonder how many can fit into a 20ft container? someone better buy it quick!!!!
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:27 pm

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:19 pm

Postby rayjb60 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:08 pm

I spoke with him as well, and he is reluctant to part with her, for sentimental reasons.

But rest assured he wants her to go to a person that will appreciate and fly her, and if he even gets a hint of the word PARTS he will run.

I dont blame him, I would not want to see her lost for parts.

You just need to be very sincere and honest with him.....he can detect BS a mile away.

He would have sold her to me, but I already had just come home with mine a couple weeks earlier.

I want to help him get her to a person who wants to fly her, has the skills to maintain her, and enjoy all she has to offer.

How would you feel if YOU had to sell YOUR Lazair someday....you wouldnt want her to end up as beer cans, or give her away for a song only to have someone turn around and sell her for $4500.

I think we can all relate.

Just be persistant and honest....maybe its a test of your intentions B)
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:04 pm

I too offered to buy it and never heard back from him. I've been in Lazairs since 81' and assured him of my utmost honorable intensions, but never heard one word back. If he posts it for sale, then sell it man! He has his buttons and so do I. I don't want to deal with the goof ball if he's that attached to his plane. But how could he be if he treat it like he does...lying in the sticks speaks volumes to me. That sort of treatment doesn't add up to what he claims he feels for that plane. He in fact truely needs to sell it to someone who WILL treat it better that that.

Next

Return to Lazair parts for sale