Lazair for sale in California

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby lazairiii » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:18 pm

Ray,

No hard feelings what so ever. Someone at some point might pry it from him...time will tell.

As for the tach to check your RPM; I'd say maybe someone might have a spare tack or a tiny-tach that they would loan you during this process as a way of doing their part in this trial stage. Anyone have one they would loan Ray to see what he is getting on the new CDI engine? Remember, every engine is different and depending on a number of things, ie hours on engine and overall condition of rings , bearings, carb etc, could affect this reading, but none the less, it will be interesting to know what it's turning.

So you are getting a smooth transition from idle to full? That's a nice improvement along with an instant startup too. Now that's a good thing.

George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:13 pm

I looked back at my emails from Pat, and I actually found his comments to me about a guy who wanted to buy his lazair from Utah.

He said there were to many conditions on the sale, and it sounded like it was just to much hassle for him.

Im not trying to point fingers, but it seems that there was not a good match between what he was willing to do, and what the Utah sale required.

He also stated that he would rather see someone more local get it.....which I think is probably the real reason of why he is hanging on to it still.

Anyone from Southern California probably can get this bird for $1000 or less.

Any interested parties? I'll talk to Pat if your not quite that local and see if I can convince him to let her go.

Personally, I'd rather see another Lazair flying around here SOCAL as well.

OK, Im sorry....not another word on this topic...I'm bored of talking about it.....but I'll offer anyone my help to get the deal done.

I will likely be meeting Pat in person when he comes to El Mirage to watch the Lazairs fly this season.

Ray
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:27 pm

Hi George,

The CDI is smoother than it was before by perhaps 50% less vibration at those shaky rpm's.

I would only call it really smooth at full throttle like before.

I wouldn't mind having a permanent Tach installed.....what are people using?

You mentioned a "Tiny Tach"?

As far as instruments go, I will use the original supplied airspeed tube indicator thingy.

For altitude and rate of climb I have a paragliding/hangliding unit called a Flytec 3005 with a tube mount.

I plan on using a single Tach with a switch for left or right engines, or if there is a dual in one unit that would be even better.

and as an accessory I was thinking of a couple battery operated strobe flasher lights that I found at wallmart for $4.

Hmmmm......I might have room for a couple Sidewinders as well.......isnt army surplus great!!!!! ;)
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:47 am

How smooth is the engine now. Should be much much better now with the right flywheel !!

Previous

Return to Lazair parts for sale