http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 4593166803

all most gone-seems like its going cheap

Current bid: US $735.00 (Reserve met)

Time left: 21 hours 12 mins
7-day listing, Ends Dec-01-05 08:48:31
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:47 pm

I wish this airplane was in South Dakota and not South Carolina, at the low reserve it's going for if nothing else it would make a great parts plane for my series one.

Where were all these great buys when I was trying to buy in.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:51 pm

Doesn't sound like this is a "parts plane" if you read the listing.

Postby yankeflyer » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:32 pm

Vehicle Description

I have a series III needs covering, new hardware, one wingtip bow and new seat cushion. It comes with new wheels, tires, spinners and has wheel pants. engines are 185's haven't ran them but they look good inside. I have new carbs, gaskets, points, plugs, condensers and backing plates for them.no props Plane is disassembled and can be delivered for a fee. picture is of plane when I bought it have repaired damage to one wing and did mods for engine upgrade.comes with
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:24 pm

Plane will surely go for a good bit more than $735 US before it all said and done.

Postby yankeflyer » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:47 pm

You're probably right and the last I checked the high bidder is a brand-new eBayer who just registered today which always raises the red flags in regards to shill bidding. Also further down in the listing, another bidder has retracted an $800 bid which really doesn't make any sense. Unless you're just looking to find the reserve price. But I don't see that that matters considering how low it is.

Like any airplane purchased under these circumstances one should assume they will have to go through the entire airplane and powerplant before considering it airworthy.

In my experience with eBay one has to be very cautious - although for the most part, my purchases have been with reputable sellers. And indeed, I feel fortunate to have found the series l Lazair that I found, just a month or two ago.

I'm not bidding on this airplane and only brought it to the attention of the readers of this forum because I share their interest in Lazair's. I'm on eBay almost every day looking for tools musical instruments car parts computer parts -- and I even bought two lots in Milton North Dakota a couple years ago. I wished I could of seen how far it was to the local Sam's Club before I made that purchase. I'll probably end up donating it to the Masonic hall next door.

Anyway good luck bidding to anyone who's planning on bidding and like many who buy on eBay I never usually place a serious bid until the last two minutes.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:55 am

i'm pretty sure this is bryan green's plane, he was rebuilding and was active on lazairflyers, i guess he's hanging up the gloves?
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:51 am

Listing says "Bryan" so this may be the guy. Plane probably has low hours. Many times people would bung the planes up a bit and never fix them.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:52 am

Chappy you saw this plane what does it need.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby yankeflyer » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:26 pm

Winning bid: US $1,200.12

sure seems like it went cheap

a very affordable project for somebody.

and for a twelve cent bump :rolleyes:
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Next

Return to Lazair parts for sale