Two PLace for SALe

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby art » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:44 pm

art
LazairNUT

Postby pittsnut » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:02 pm

Hey Art,

Thanks for the heads up on the 2 seater, looks nice, $8000 is not bad. Did you see the series 3 hanging in the barn for 17 years? ,anyone looking for a complete rebuild project? In my opinion, the price for the 3 is too high.

Later

Dale
pittsnut
Popular Lazair Member

Postby uscgairdale » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:48 am

Did someone buy the Lazair II? It's not listed on Barnstormers anymore.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby sparky » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:36 pm

yep i did, just in the process of pulling it apart :) it was orignaly a series 1 ser# A259 now registered as a TAYLAZ, with luck ill be flying it this summer
sparky
Lazair.com Member

Postby JPXman » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:15 pm

hmmm, i know the lazair that alan taylor made, the registered TAYLAZ and it isn't that "boom extended" lazair that was on barnstormers for sale in the deep south of the USA. two different beasties. alans was a single seater. maybe you can send in a picture of what you have and where you bought it then at least my curiousity will be satisfied!

Tyler
Edmonton, AB

attached pic of "taylaz"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby sparky » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:38 pm

hey tyler, thats my bird!!! alan sold it to a guy in pefferlaw ontario about 11 yrs ago, it sat on the trailer since then, covered up in a tarp. i bought is about a month ago.since then i've taken it apart to rebuild (weathered quite a bit) its all painted and ready to reassemble, jus need to get some new hardware. is AN hardware a must? or could i get away with grade 8 stuff (pls dont burn me a the cross for asking, im a car mechanic not an airplane mechanic) :)
sparky
Lazair.com Member

Postby daffy1029 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:16 pm

Hi sparky,
Please don't use anything but AN nuts and bolts. There is a big reason for this and you don't want to find out the hard way. Hang the expense and order the proper hardware, as your life could depend on this!!! Replace all rusted bolts and make sure you check your plane over for any stress cracks, bent tubing etc. Don't rebend any aluminium. Either get new parts made up with proper material or find good used parts. People on this site will help you out. Safe flying is what it's about.
Daffy
daffy1029
LazairNUT

Postby sparky » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:42 pm

tks for the advise daffy, i do plan on replacing all the hardware(rusted or not).i completly stripped every piece,all small pieces made a visit to my sandblast cabnet before primer and paint.no cracks or damage was found.as far as any parts that need to be made i am lucky enough to have the equipment (mill,lathe,hydralic tube bender,tig) in my garage (i build stockcars). If anyone needs anything made i'd be glad to help out, just send me a drawing of the part needed. :) this forum has been a great help already

sean asselin
sparky
Lazair.com Member

Postby JPXman » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:20 pm

sean where are you located? the name sounds familiar for some reason. asselin aircraft sales perhaps?
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby sparky » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:02 am

im in whitby ontario. i've never heard of asselin aircraft sales. this is my new adventure (flying) my wife :angry: would'nt let me buy another racecar so i bought the lazair instead. :) where are you from JPX?
sparky
Lazair.com Member

Next

Return to Lazair parts for sale