Lazair lll w/floats For Sale $3500

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby Bill » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:04 pm

For Sale: Lazair lll w/floats

Has wood props, spinners need update.

Great float plane.... I would add the reduction drives and sell the props.

Plane was stored for most of it's life. Approximately 50hrs airtime... I built it. The fuselage was taken apart to polish and is apart now. I also have some dealer leftover parts.
I do have some tapes for recovering.... I do not think this plane needs very much recovering... It does have a little hanger rash... very fixable small amounts of dings...etc. Fuselage tubes were mostly all polished. Seat foam needs replacing... maybe the cover too... I may have some extra wheels... and bearings... some AN hardware... motor mounts... some plastic props...

I will sell this plane soon....

As is where it is... $3500
Bill

robinsonrecreation@hotmail.com
Bill
Lazair.com Member

Postby uscgairdale » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:05 pm

I think that this was just sold. Another Lazair rescued, I love it.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby Don » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:48 am

Yes it was! I haven't gotten the paper work back yet to know what number it is. But it's safe in Hammondsport with me! Now the fun begins.
Don
Popular Lazair Member

Postby russell » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:25 pm

Hey Don, in about three months when you're up to your eyeballs in "Lazair", please don't start kicking the dog!!

Best of luck. I'll do all I can to help. (from here of course!)

Russell
russell
LazairNUT

Postby Bill » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:35 am

This plane is indeed sold... Don is the proud new owner!! ...a bit of the history of this one... It was flown only on Lake George on floats by a couple of fun loving car dealers that loved the toys... Jimmy D owned at the time a Lambergini..spelling?.. A Hatterous... many custom built speed boats from The Sting to the King Sting... holding offshore racing boat highest speed records... taught himself how to fly it with hops off the water... flew for 2 summers, then said he was done...and happy to have survived himself...

The plane serial number: A774 Sold Aug 26 1983 to Lake George Aviation

Ultrasport Aviation wood props.
One engine replaced soon after purchase, ran rough tried everything to fix.

Don is getting a copy of the plane's file soon... I also did not have a manual back from the owners... am sending Don a copy..

If anyone wants to know more... let me know... I am enjoying the lazair chat as it has been a long time... but still feels like just yesterday. Somewhere I have some great video of float flying... some loops... lots of pics...
Bill
Lazair.com Member

Return to Lazair parts for sale