[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - February 2007 will be D-Cell month

February 2007 will be D-Cell month

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby JPXman » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:14 am

hey guys

for the newer rebuilders, perhaps someone who has opened, completed surgery, and closed up an old D-cell can post some photos of the process (ahem Shannon... :))

i know when i started rebuilding i was too intimidated to do that, and now wish that I had rebuild my D-cells prior to covering. all those rivets can be scary... but now that i've done a lot of tinkering i would feel comfortable ripping them open and sewing them shut.

maybe start a list of upgrades you can do to the D-cell as well - i know my 2-seater has L-brackets in the sparcaps where the series I,II and III Dcells do not.

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:59 am

Russel,

Are you talking the entire 6 foot tip ?
Dcell only ?
I can put together a complete D cell tip only section but it wold be hard to align it and attach the spar , joiners and leading edge skin. That would be up to you to ensure that is is straight and safe. I would think it would be close to $ 700cdn plus shipping and crating though.

I suppose it could be done.

Personally a series 1 dcell to me is worthless.
I would not use them as you have no idea what is inside plus they are all 016.

I am not saying that they are not safe but who knows.

Hope that helps

I added a pic of taking the tip off to salvage the tip but it will go back in with new 12 foot D-cell section into jig to ensure it aligned.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:04 am

So Karl , you will still have to open up d cell to put that new one on.
What material are you using for new strut attach fitting ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:24 am

It makes you wonder why the U channel was not staggered where the 4 foot spar sections were butted together?
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:50 am

Shorty,

I only need the skin. It's dented and scrahed.

What's the difference between a series I wing and any of the other series wings other than the thickness of the sheet metal skin?

Russell
russell
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:03 am

Hi Shorty,

That's the part alright, and I also want to add the jury strut angle F241. Don't know the alloy type for the strut attachment, 7075-T6 would be my guess or possibly 5052-H34, but F241 can be either 6061-T6 or 6063-T832 according to the jury strut kit instructions. The holes in the skin are big enough for me to get my hands in, so I might not need to open it all up for the repair, but if I know me, I won't be able to resist doing the entire thing over again. I keep thinking that aluminum riblets would be nice. Next chance I get to go to the field, I'll bring along the camera and snap a couple of pics.

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:25 pm

Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:37 pm

Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:11 pm