CDI modification for rotax 185

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby JPXman » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:17 am

edited
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:16 pm

i'm workin on it :) i figure i'll get a single cylinder engine running with CDI first, then go for a twin cylinder conversion.

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:00 pm

so no interest at all so far? i don't want people to place orders here, i'm just feeling this project out. i have enough parts to do my 2 engines, but have the opportunity to get a bulk discount. if you are interested in perhaps doing this within the next year, please let me know. if theres no interest i won't get the ball rolling. if there is interest i will get the ball rolling. i'm thinking this would be a good winter upgrade for most lazairheads while their birds are tucked away and engines can be worked on.

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Sat May 05, 2007 10:24 am

so after a couple of weeks i have received ZERO interest in this project... this surprises me immensely! I guess i will put it on the back burner for now. I am still working on getting a quote for the "low tension coil" that mounts to the stator plate from Ducati that they supply to wildfire, to see if its cheaper to buy than to re-hand-wind. with the price they're offering for the CDI module I expect them to charge about $20 for this coil!

with this low tension coil, the CDI module, and a re-drilled stator plate, you can convert your 185 to CDI WAY cheaper than with the wildfire kit. of course i still have to actually do it and get one running, but it'll happen :)

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Sun May 06, 2007 12:00 am

[COLOR=red]Hey Tyler,

I sent a couple private e-mails to you through the e-mail button on this site over the last week or two. I assume you didn't get them. Maybe I'm not the only person that thought they had left you a private message about the kits that didn't get through to you.

I AM VERY INTERESTED in the CDI conversion for the 185's! I will commit to AT LEAST 4 kits right now, and I'll advance you some funds, just let me know how much (give me an address where Paypal will work for you, or I can send you a check). Let me know what you need.

Please don't give up on the project!!! If you would like me to mount up a beta kit to test, I would be happy to do that. I need to get a couple of my engines out and running soon anyway. I haven't sucked in some great smelling 2 stroke exhaust for a while, and need a fix.

Chappy
Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Sun May 06, 2007 10:39 am

okay! i guess i can't receive email through this website, and i've checked my spam bin at home too... glad to hear someone has interest :)

So thats 4, need another 46 :) thats only 23 lazairs, so i'll keep plugging away on this. if ducati can give me a good deal on the coil then this conversion is a no brainer - same parts from wildfire for a fraction of the price. the only variable will be to prove that rotating the stator plate does the same thing as installing a flywheel with the magnets rotated - intuitively its exactly the same thing!

Stay tuned,

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sun May 06, 2007 11:28 am

I get emails all the time form this forum,
I just sent one to Tyler by clicking on his name .

Wonder if he gets it ?
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Sun May 06, 2007 4:52 pm

ok i am now getting email through this site - i had a really old email address associated with my profile here :$
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby sparky » Mon May 07, 2007 5:51 pm

tyler count me in for 2, let me know when you need the cash and ill send it
sparky
Lazair.com Member

Postby crazyneosimpson » Mon May 07, 2007 8:06 pm

Guy's you don't need to wait for a 50pack! I'll get some if you want and send one over for approval/testing if you are reasonable about the time.
Is 30 days enough time to-
1. Visually inspect for quality.
2. Mount the coil (no need to rotate the stator plate).
3. Inspect the timing.
4. Report to lazair.com
Anyone willing to commit to 4 ignitions can have these terms.
Carl
crazyneosimpson
Lazair.com Member

Next

Return to Lazair parts for sale