Rudder Pedal Bushings

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby JPXman » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:48 pm

OK, so I got my bushings in, and granted I knew they would be different in size, but man did they work well! The shoulder is not as thick as the old ones, but the bearing surface for the little "axle" is twice as long. There are two options you can go with when installing these babies if you let me know you want in on the bulk order:

1) Install them like here in this pic, as they fit perfectly between the two bolts and you can still use your old Aluminum sleeve-spacer - this leaves a gap between the side of the pedal and the washer shoulder, but its not going anywhere anyway

2) Grind down the bearing so that the shoulder lays flush with the pedal wall, and make a new sleeve-spacer to keep the bushings pressed against the pedal walls

your choice, you can see what I am going to try out first :)

Let me know by email ( tyler "at" lazair.com) if you want in on the order, when i get 10 names I"m placing the order. $16US guarantees you 40 bushings, price goes down as more people want them.

Tyler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:51 pm

more pics -

old one on left, new modified one in middle, new stock on right
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:52 pm

pic from on top
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:53 pm

from the side
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:18 am

OK, i'm now putting toghether a B3 - B9 bushing kit.

20 B3's, 10 B9's for $15US shipping incl.

email me at tyler "at" lazair.com if you are interested. The B3's are not like the ones I mailed out free earlier with the 0.200 ID, these are the same in every other dimension, except the ID is 0.175 and will need to be drilled 3/16" for a PERFECT fit :)

let me know!

Tyler
"nylon man?"
JPXman
LazairNUT

Return to Re-Building tips and info