[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - 2 Stroke Engines

2 Stroke Engines

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby xgary » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:34 am

Here is a snip from another forum,

To: engines-ul@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2004 7:32 AM
Subject: [engines-ul] Rotax & 2 strokes

I have been around 2 strokes for about 35 years now and flown UL for
over 20 years and have only had a few engine outs.
One was a carb came loose and caused massive air leak and engine out
was on Lazair and flew it home on one engine about 3 miles.
Other was in a LAzair as well with single ignition and carbon stuck
in gap on plug and engine stopped on way to fly in- no problem
landed in field and pulled plug clean out with thumb nail and took
off and it ran uneventful all day after that.

I have had 503s 582s with little problems but never an complete
failure as of yet.
I agree 582s i have witnessed just stopping but lucky so far never to
me . Am I lucky or just had an ear and eye for problems before they
develop?

I have other 2 strokes 25 years old still working fine and only time
they stop is when you run em outta fuel.

Stihl Saws
Suzuki outboard 1988 115 HP oil injected
Polaris sleds
Ski Sleds
Rotax engines
Lawboy movers
Grass trimmer (green Machine 30 yrs old )

All those items engines never been apart and still runnning althougth
i smoked a crank bearing on one sled last yr a polairs 700 triple
cylinder and i blame it partially on the synthetic Oil But i used it
to keep the Exhaust valves sliding but the bearings seems to not be
as well lubed as with mineral oils. But man what fun 0 -115 MPH
in 500 feet :)

Sun is up here almost gonna go pull out kitfox outta hangar and go
Ski flying in heated cabin
Shorty
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby daffy1029 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:18 pm

Hi Shortnaked,
I too had my carb come loose on my second flight. I sure wasn't impressed. Then the 185's worked well for about a year, then my left engine quit. Later found out that the front bearing siezed. So after that I ran them a little richer... I then went to JPX's and had good luck with them. They don't like to idle for long periods and were hard on fuel but always ran. Now I will be trying 210cc Solo's. I heard they were pretty good. Funny thing is, I had a 1991 Artic Cat Ext 530cc and it never let me down. I worked it hard in the mountains and did lots of trail riding with it. I could let it idle for long periods. A great 2 stroke engine. too bad they are on the heavy side...
Daffy
daffy1029
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:15 am

Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Return to Re-Building tips and info