[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Retractable Shoulder Harness

Retractable Shoulder Harness

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby lazairiii » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:44 pm

enough for now...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:03 am

Very nice installation George, but then, all of your work is nice. You must be having an absolute blast building a new kit from the box.
The new bracket is 6061-T6 by .063" I imagine? And did Am-Safe recommend any particular nutplate? MS21063-L03 good enough? My new project is missing the seatbelt, and I'll look into getting one when the time comes. Thanks for the footwork! I am also tossing the coin on going for that bucket seat I see on yours and Shannon's planes. Would be nice to sit in instead of perch on my plane for a change. Now if I could get the bits together for the wide track.....

Blue skies,
Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:04 pm

Thanks Karl,

Yes, I did use 6061-T6 .063 for the bracket. I don't have the exact number here in my office on the nut plates, but they were form Aircraft Spruce and they are the floating type that I used solid rivets to attach them with.

I can honestly say that the fiberglass seat recomendation from Shannon is an exceptionally comfortable seat, and actually fun to install. My first series II A-686 had the babana seat and became uncomfortable after a while in the air, whereas this seat seem to be extremely comfortable. I have not flown in it yet, but have no doubts that it will be a huge step forward in comfort. Thanks for this tip Shannon!

I would highly recommend the shoulder harness/lap belt IR set-up. If you need to get a seatbelt anyway you might as well consider it.

Keep us posted on progress,
George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:46 pm

Hate to get off-subject again ! Ha Ha ! But here's the source for the fiberglass seat with product description.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/a ... tseats.php

Quote: "You Can Do it"
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby daffy1029 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:01 pm

Hi,
I really like that seat. How does the weight compare to the Lazair seat and is it hard to put on? Looks like the original support for the banana seat stays and the new seat is just added on. Am I correct? If that's the case, then I would like to get one. Banana seat is a wee bit uncomfy after long flights.
The seat belt, I am impressed with too.
Daffy
daffy1029
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:09 am

George and Shannon,

I am sure you have been asked many times before about the seat, so maybe you could coordinate, and put a section into the files a little "how-to" on the install.
Same goes for the seat belt assembly. If this string is cleared, the info will be lost, and we all lose.

How 'bout it guys?

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:26 pm

Well, I finally broke down and ordered the seat pan from aircraft spruce. Just one question- how wide a bucket will that seat fit? It would be a shame if I got the seat and had to use a shoe horn to fit into it! Hee hee.
Now I have to decide on how to proceed on the rebuild of the landing gear. I am missing the axle tube as well as T48 for the narrow track, and all the bits for the wide track assembly. Once that job is done I can look into the seat belt installation. Heck- if I'm going to update, I might as well go all the way. I need a belt anyway, because the original restraint is missing.

Cheers,
Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:33 pm

Seat pan arrived today! My other hard drive with all the good stuff on it is fried. sigh....
Looking for any goodies to make the wide track conversion easier.

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby daffy1029 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:56 pm

daffy1029
LazairNUT

Previous

Return to Re-Building tips and info