Tire size

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby lazair.com-afraid to register?ru » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:19 pm

Anybody know the tire size on the bicycle style main gear which came on the series 1? Is it 16"x1.75" or 16"x 2.125"? Trashed my old ones at the beginning of my refurbishment and now cannot remember which it is (dumbass).

Russell
lazair.com-afraid to register?ru

Postby Chappy » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:06 pm

Russell,

It was the 1.75 x 16 tire size.

The only reason for me knowing it is that I still have a "new" 25 year old wheel/tire assembly hanging on the wall in my barn. The other tire I borrowed off the wheel years ago for an emergency bike repair for the kids when they were small. I saved the wheels in case I ever decided to restore my series I to it's original configuration.

Chappy
Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:09 am

Chappy,
Thanks for the reply. I found the company that manufactured these wheels (very affordable, ordered them and have in hand) but was told that now they are only available with the 2.125" tire. They still make the front wheel (ordered it and have in hand also) but the slick thread design is no longer available.

I was about to think I was all alone with this version. You may have let it be known that you also have one but if so I have forgotten. Sure is reassuring to find this out.
If you are also flying with the Pioneers and need parts for them let me know.

Russell
russell
LazairNUT

Return to Re-Building tips and info