Page 1 of 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:55 am
by russell
I am about to replace the crank seals in my Pioneer engines. In the gasket set is the item shown in the attached photo. It's 5/8" at it's largest dia. and 3/8" at it's smallest dia. It is 7/16" tall with a 1/4" hole through the center. There is nothing inside/on the engine like this. Does anyone know what this is? Tool perhaps?


PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:23 pm
by Don
Hey Russell, Don from New York. I've been following the 185 rebiuld thread and your object looks like it may be for protecting crank threads when pulling bearings.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:31 am
by russell
Hi Don,

I tried to make this thingie be everything imaginable but nothing doing. Only things left are that it is possibly a piece of the machine that made the gasket, part of the wrist watch belonging to the guy that packaged the gasket or someone's idea of a practical joke!


PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:04 am
by flyalaz
Is it possible that it might be a strengthener for the pull start cord? Might fit in the handle.

If not, it must be an electro-cardio-grapple grommet, or a reed for a kazoo.

Karl :blink: