spinners

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby SR » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:49 am

Can someone tell me the ID of the spinner diameter?
SR

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:38 pm

Ok, then can I just get the deminsions of the spinner and back plate? I would like to fashion a couple but stay within specs of the already completed spinners. I mean it's already worked out can I get a hand?

Postby flyalaz » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:11 pm

Hello Guest and/or SR,

Next trip to the shop I'll take some measurements for you. Have you thought about registering on the site?

Cheers,

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:28 pm

As measured on mine,

Outside diameter is 5.8"
Thickness is .100" making the inside diameter 5.6"

These measurements were taken at the bottom end of the spinner and do not give the diameter where the backplate fits in.

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby darkhorse » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:49 pm

interesting
darkhorse
Popular Lazair Member

Postby flyalaz » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:35 pm

You're welcome.

I would not try to make a spinner by building up over foam for the simple reason that it is going to be next to impossible to make a perfectly even lay up and have the weight evenly distributed over the entire spinner. This imbalance, at best, would shake the living sh#t out of everything it's attached to. At worst, it'll explode and send frags everywhere. Not usually good for your health or the plane's.

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby Don » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:09 am

Hey Karl,
From another post you metioned having a spinner mold. What would a pair cost? mine have the bi-prop cut-outs. I also have the original backing plates, they appear to be in good condition.
Thanks, Don
Don
Popular Lazair Member

Postby bdiedenhofen » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:38 am

Hey Don,

For what it's worth, Atlas Spinner has spinners and backing plates available for the rotax with bi props. You'll find them in the links section.

Cheers,
Brian D.
bdiedenhofen
Popular Lazair Member

Postby flyalaz » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:29 am

Hi Guys,

I am still experimenting with the mould and material. The problem I have is the way the ABS plastic drapes and stretches over the mould during forming. I need to make a kind of pusher form that will help to keep the material evenly stretched. Right now, the samples I have made are a little lumpy. Not good enough to fly yet. Sorry Don

I don't think they are selling those spinners anymore. The link now takes you to the Powergenie.

Maybe John Nagy would be willing to get another batch of spinners made up? If enough people want them, he might be willing.

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:48 am

What does John Nagy charge for the spinners he makes?

Next

Return to Re-Building tips and info