[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - 210cc Solo engine

210cc Solo engine

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby JPXman » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:11 pm

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:08 am

uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:33 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:37 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:58 pm

Interestingly enough one of the Lazairs at last years Big Bay deal was running direct drive Solo's. Too bad that we don't know who this person is or anything about the set-up as this may help answer some questions.

Note also these Solo's are mounted to utilize the standard Rotax 185 mount and muffler. Rather than have air filters the engines are also equipped with stacks.

Note 2: If anyone has a doubt then I'll add this.......Rotax 185s have carbs on the right side of the engine not left side.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby daffy1029 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:22 pm

Hi Shannon
I wonder what carbs he's running? Too bad we can't see the carbs from this side of the picture. I'll bet it's Tillotson pumper carbs. My guess is that they have a more powerful fuel pump.
I am in luck! Jpxman happened to get a set of JPX engines with HR181 Tillotson carbs- exactly what I was looking for, for my set-up. New Tillotsons are hard to come by now. So I hope this will solve all my carb problems with Solo engines. Thanks again Jpxman! Daffy :D
daffy1029
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:16 am

I'd guess the carbs are Tillotson's but who knows for sure ? Looks like direct lines to the carbs. If the carbs are Tillotsons they shouldn't be very much larger or powerful than our Rotax carbs.

On a related note three other Lazairs at the Big Bay deal were equipped with as of yet "unidentified" engines. Amazing isn't it ! Lots of people would love to learn about these working alternate engine choices. Equally amazing to me is the fact that apparently several members of this forum attended the gathering last year and log-on here routinely. Of course nobody has any obligation to share or add anything here simply because they are a member. More participation would be welcomed however.

In any case here's a picture taken at the Big Bay gathering of "Snoopy Bird" with its "unidentified" engines.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:21 am

Here we see the 4 engine Lazair in attendance at Big Bay last year. It's equipped with the previously mentioned "unidentified" engines and a set of Pioneers.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:28 am

And finally here's the Polka-Dot painted Lazair at last years gathering with its "unidentified" engines. I suspect these engines are older style single cylinder tuned exhaust JPX engines that were commonly used on the Cri-Cri.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TtnPJB3tWU
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby barrystrs » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:12 pm

I don't own Snoopy bird, but I was at last years fly-in and I believe the engines are Chrysler's, possibly super bees. If anyone could confirm this, I would like to know because I have a set that came with a damaged Lazair 1. I am told they are 8 hp and I believe the performace would be quite good as they have reed valves and are only a couple pounds heavier than pioneers. The ignition appears to be Techumse lawnmower version and my recoils are junk.
barrystrs
Lazair.com Member

PreviousNext

Return to Re-Building tips and info