Page 1 of 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:49 am
by xgary
Ok here is yet another project done recently.
Needed a 8 foot break and sick of running a mile down the road to my neighbours for his 10 footer.

Found some heavy angle in a friend's barn - 3 lengths about 9 foot each.
So i loaded in Astro van and headed home.

Just stared at it a few days and looked at different pics i found on the web and came up with this idea.

No plans, just torch and welder.
I have not painted it yet but might one day. I don't really want and paint on surfaces that touch aluminum. I have tape on the deck and apron of it to stop scatches. I think in the pics it is clear tape but i now have a heavier tape like tarp tape or duct tape on it now.

One thing I hated on homedmade brakes that I had seen was the screw down clamping. I wanted a camloc style to make it easier. So i just made a few and it works well. You will it it fully adjustable and it works great .

I have bent alot of 020 2024 on it as well as 1/8 " lexan and 6061 .060 or 063 and also .063 2024 with no troubles.
It ended up being built on the edge of a rolling table i had so NO legs on it yet but that might change one day.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:50 am
by xgary
another pic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:53 am
by xgary
bent pieces

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:55 am
by xgary
U channels with a nice radius.

How you make your break is how your radius willl look when done plus I can adjust mine for differnt thickness of metals

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:19 pm
by huronflyer
Shorty,

Nice brake.

This is essentially a test for me to see you get this reply
emailed to your regular email - my dream :(

Daver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:32 pm
by xgary
i got a mail saying that you posted.