[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Winter projects?

Winter projects?

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby lazairiii » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:03 pm

If you have been waiting for winter to work on your plane and you need parts, I'll be putting together a couple of part builds over the next few months. I can do any of the following if you need them.

George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:50 pm

Joe,

I know Dale George had Tedlar a while back, but I think he's been out for a while.

I'm glad the parts are working out for you.

George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:22 am

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:29 pm

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:38 pm

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:48 pm

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Siggie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi Joe

You're looking for spinners? I had these made up along with 8 wheel halves some years ago...haven"t a clue what there worth. Here's 3 pic's :rolleyes:

.....Jim

aka Siggie

Siggie
Lazair.com Member

Postby Lspav8r » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:08 am

I was so happy to see an example of an Lazair that is in the process of reconstruction that actually showed that some of the aluminum is brand new and nice and shiny, and some of the nuts and bolts and aluminum is in need of shining up. This gives me a good feeling because I had no idea about what to do about the tarnished aluminum.

I mean, I can see now that the aluminum is not all replaced but rather shined up to look once again like new while other pieces that were replaced already shine like new. After all they are new arent they.

I hope I dont sound like im rambling on here because this is the first time I am taking on this task of rebuilding something I am actually going to hang my rear end in and fly. This is very exciting.

Jim
Lspav8r
Lspav8r
Lazair.com Member

Postby lazairkid » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:57 am

Tyler,
If you look at the seat on Joe's plane you should see three or four
rows of rivets holding that plate on to the seat. the Plate is .90 or
higher in thickness and should be 8 to 10 inches long.
The brakes on the elite had toe brakes, but there was also a cable that
went under the seat to both brakes with a device that linked the hand brake
to it to.
The down side to this was that the cable was so low under the seat that if
you operated on a grass strip with grass or weeds higher than 4inch the grass would wrap around the cable.
I have had concern about the control rods go to the ailerons being so low under the seat too. I have found dirt packed around the rods from fire ant
hills that I have had to avoid during taxing.
Lazairkid
lazairkid
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:35 pm

Chappy
LazairNUT

Next

Return to Re-Building tips and info