[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - My Series III is in Edmonton!

My Series III is in Edmonton!

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby JPXman » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:41 am

just a follow up:

I had to completely re-tape my tail this past week. the white "tedlar" tape had almost completely let go around the perimeter of the tail. I used some of the roll I got from GC industries and it just feels a lot better after i shrunk it.

Still have a bit of tail shake, I now suspect my cross tube between the tail feathers as it is a little bit bent from running into my shin a while ago....replacing with stronger tube.

Side note - i installed one of those "capacitance" type fuel probe and gauge and it seems to be working really nice so far even with 2-stroke mixed fuel. the needle doesn't bounce around and is showing a good representation of actual fuel in the tank. (i have a black fuel tank so can't see the fuel).

nice 45 minute flight last night tooling around local fields - boy the crops are long this time of year - look for the fields with bails in them for a forced landing rather than the nice smooth looking field of 4' canola :)

Tyler

PS: drooling over dave's new wheels/brakes - did you measure any weight penalty/gain?
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:10 am

Tail shaking "could" be caused by improper tail brace cable tension. Replace those cables and the shaking may go away or lessen to the normal level (no guarantees however).

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/t ... sstool.php
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/a ... opress.php
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Swage-To ... enameZWDVW
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby JPXman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:11 pm

my wires are tight - i wonder if wires being too tight is a problem though... haven't been out to the field yet to replace the spreader tube, so once i do that i'll let you know - and if it doesn't work i'll turn to turnbuckles on the wires and start experimenting with different tensions.

Tyler
Edmonton, AB
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:26 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:29 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JPXman
LazairNUT

Previous

Return to Pilots Lounge