[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Pilots Log

Pilots Log

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby ozzie » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:18 am

BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:16 am

<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:09 pm

flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:44 pm

Shannon
SHANNON

Postby flyalaz » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:31 am

flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:39 pm

Shannon
SHANNON

Postby flyalaz » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:19 am

I wish I had one! My collection consists of 3 spare motors, all with broken crankshafts. Even if I had a crank, all I could cobble together out of what I have is one engine.
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:38 pm

Why not have the old cranks welded, resurfaced and heat treated.

So you have some additional backups.

They could even be beefed up in the weak areas.

Are the cranks breaking because you are not running the 26" props?

You are running prince P-tips right?

Ray
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:20 am

I visited my 2-seater this past week in alexandria, met up with bill reed and george elliott, both lazairheads from ottawa! we spent a couple of hours cleaning out the engines and carbs (been sitting for almost 9 months, and in the rain for a week). no sooner did we get both engines purring like kittens, did I notice that a crack had developed in the left hand plastic wheel half. BUMMER!!!!

A few flight hours earlier we had replaced the right side wheel halves with new ones from John Nagy, now why we didn't take the time to replace both sides - who knows! either way, i had to hang my head in shame and return to edmonton with no new time in the log book, sorry folks!
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:44 pm

Hi Guys,

Ray:

I am not too sure if I would trust a weld job on a part like that. I think I would always be looking at that engine with trepidation. I have always flown with P-tips, however, the guy I bought it from hadf been flying for a couple of years with those big crank breaking wood props, and it might be possible that it caused a weakness in the metal, and that it was luck that let me fly it for two seasons before finally shearing.

Tyler:

Sorry I couldn't get back to you in time, wish I could have helped out. I might have a spare for you in the near future, and could get it at least to Alexandria. Give me a couple more weeks to see what happens at my end, and I'll get back to you.

Cheers,
Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Pilots Lounge