Pilots Log

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby flyalaz » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:34 pm

Finally! Got to the field late, ("honey do" projects), new fuel stopper installed, new fuel filters fuel tubing and primer bulbs, last motor finalized and both safety wired. Fresh gas. Primed them and start on the first pull. Twenty minutes of running the motors and a little tweak, and before I knew it, I was at the far end of the runway and after turning around found myself in the air! Funny how that happens! Just made one circuit of the field and came in for a landing due to lack of light (again) that would have allowed me to fly any longer. Sweet! Can't wait to get up again!

Karl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:30 pm

flyalaz @ Jun 12 2005, 10:34 PM wrote: Primed them and start on the first pull.
Karl

You say your engines started on the first pull. Do you have the CDi ignition or Breaker Points ? If you have points how did you adjust them. There seems to be different recommended settings in the manual than what has been given here ??

Postby lazflyn » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:09 am

Well it was a Lazair Christmas Wednesday in that my new flywheel (thanks Ray!) and props arrived on my doorstep. I installed them that night after work and went out for a test taxi....okay flight. I just couldn't resist flying it when it was all ready to go. Plus it makes for a quicker day at work the next day knowing that you have finally flown and all is well. It's funny how all you need is a quick fix and things are fine after that.

Flight time that night: .5
Total for the year: 3.9

Flew last night as well (Thursday). Great flight. Engines are starting to act just like last year. That's good and bad. This year they were supposed to run stronger due to a top-end overhaul. I guess I suck at engines because they lack compression and run about as strong as before the rebuild. :angry: I guess I shouldn't complain. It is now flying. I still need to check the ignition timing.

It was windy last night while flying, so I stayed high. I ended up catching some weak ridge lift and headed out over the valley at just over 10,000 feet msl. As I headed back to the airport, I decided to try for 10,500. Then, I caught a small wave and made it to 10,8. Then, I thought it would be great to make it to 11,000. Made it, then kept climbing. I started to get cold so at 11,440 I slowly reduced power to just above idle. Took 29 minutes to get back to field elevation (4400 feet msl). Great flight. Burnt 3 gallons.

Flight time: 2.3
Total for the year: 5.4
lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Postby ozzie » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:42 pm

let me guess...hmmm batteries flat in the camera? please define "night"
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby art » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:48 pm

This is Great Stuff!!!! It's what it's all about! Til you can get your own bird into the sky, it's better then listening to a World Series. Maybe even an Appllo Shot! Thanks for the excitement can hardly sit in my seat. Art
art
LazairNUT

Postby art » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:42 pm

Anyone Fly this weekend? Want to tell us about it?
art
LazairNUT

Postby art » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:02 pm

Beautiful weather. Lets keep this log going.
art
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:25 pm

Im itching to fly, but my car was crushed by a collpased car port, and my Lazair is 80 miles away....need to get a replacement vehicle first!...then you will hear about some new flights with pictures.
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:17 am

lazflyn @ Jun 17 2005, 07:09 AM wrote:
Flew last night as well (Thursday). Great flight. Engines are starting to act just like last year. That's good and bad. This year they were supposed to run stronger due to a top-end overhaul. I guess I suck at engines because they lack compression and run about as strong as before the rebuild. :angry: I guess I shouldn't complain. It is now flying. I still need to check the ignition timing.

Mark do you know if your engines are standard bore or oversize. The engines should not lack compression if you just changed the rings. That's nuts, doesn't make any sense. You need to put a little more time into answering WHY ?

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:31 am

lazflyn @ Jun 17 2005, 07:09 AM wrote:

Mark are your engines standard or oversize bore ???

PreviousNext

Return to Pilots Lounge