finished

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby russell » Tue May 02, 2006 10:33 am

next
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Tue May 02, 2006 10:34 am

next
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Tue May 02, 2006 10:35 am

New wheel. Identical to original and made by company that made the original. Slick thread not available, however.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Tue May 02, 2006 10:37 am

Did I mention new wheels? Again like original except for thread. Made by same manufacturer. Also the new lower strut connection fittings. I had to make seven just to get these four. Needless to say I had some difficulty. Holes were hard to match.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Tue May 02, 2006 10:38 am

Very proud of my new stabilizer cables. These were so generously donated by George Curtis. Thanks again, George. Finally got those aggravating cables out from under my feet.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Tue May 02, 2006 10:40 am

Original seat. Looks a little worn but I just couldn’t bring myself to replace it. We shared a lot of enjoyable hours together (and some not so enjoyable! Hence, some of the staining).
russell
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Tue May 02, 2006 10:41 am

This is one of three improvements I made. This one made about the second season of flying 24 years ago. There was at the time a serious problem of rapid wear of the small ruddervator pushrods. My attempt to retard this wear was to split a thick wall piece of tubing and bond the halves to the smaller tubes. This I did at every guide.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Tue May 02, 2006 10:42 am

This project tested my patience and stick-to-it-ness at every turn. Sometimes I had to retreat and take another run at it. It literally fought me to the very end. This is just one example. While I was taking these photos I reached down to move a small wooden block that I was using to keep the stabilizer off the ground and I fumbled it. Unfortunately the newly Tedlar recovered ruddervator caught it on the way down. I haven’t seen that block of wood sense. I did, however, hear my neighbor hid something with his lawn mower yesterday.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Tue May 02, 2006 10:43 am

I didn’t take any “before” photos but this should give you an idea of what I was faced with.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Tue May 02, 2006 10:44 am

I hope that this didn't lock down everyone's computer.

Russell
russell
LazairNUT

Next

Return to Pilots Lounge