[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Lazair II

Lazair II

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby uscgairdale » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:00 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:52 pm

Moving day last weekend. The owner of M-Squared Aviation let me barrow his trailer that's custom made for moving aircraft.

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:54 pm

B034 was put together yesterday out at the airport. For the most part, she went together easily. The only issue was the trailing edge mod on the center section. It had to be trimmed and I'll most likely take it off and redo it again.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:55 pm

Right side.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:56 pm

View from the back.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:59 pm

The ribs with the metal foil tape on them came out looking sweet! Forget about painting them, let them shine in the sun!
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:05 am

dave your lazair looks wonderful - good work!

where are you planning on putting the battery and what kind are you going to use?

I am planning on using a 12V motorcycle battery and install it between the rudder pedals to help as ballast - i find my 2-seater a bit tail heavy on the CofG
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:31 am

Yes, it does look very nice. You can tell that at lot of time and effort went into the process. I'm curious about the trim tabs on the ruddervator's. It that necessary on all two seaters?

Russell
russell
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:01 pm

Tyler,

Ahh, I see that you're getting close to having electric start on those JPXs. I do not care for the added complexity of the electrical system, but pushing a button beats crancking on a 2 cycle in the cold any day.

I elected to place my battery inside the center section just over of my head. My thought process was with it directly over the pilot's head that it wouldn't affect the CG too much. Also, the additional weight of the KFMs may need to be counter balanced as well. The starting relays are mounted inside the center section in an effort to keep the nacelles all nice and tidy.

Slowly the electrical wires are getting installed and once my second engine gets here (maybe tomorrow) I can put engines on and pretty up all of the wire bundles and such.

Russell,

I put the trim tabs on because they had been installed by the dealer who originaly built it. I don't know how much of an impact they will make flying single pilot and then with a passenger.

I hope to be making KFM noise this weekend......we'll see.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:03 pm

Here's the battery that I'm using. A small motorcycle battery should work just fine for you.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/e ... ighpwr.php
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Pilots Lounge