[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - nav lights

nav lights

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby ozzie » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:47 pm

hi all i have found some neat cold cathode fluroesent lights 6 inch long that only draw 190mA they come in 2 sizes and 4 colours these 6 inch ones will be fitted into the wingtips and give enough light to be easily seen around sunset i am going to fit the bigger ones inside the wing and tail for airshows they give off that spooky glow when set behind something car nuts use them. the white ones give of enough light to use them for the hanger at night.small ones are about $28.00 aus and the biger ones 40 $ there are some that are brighter but seem a little to fragile. im so impressed i am going to light my flat with them calculated about 150$ a year saving on powerbill compared to normal light. i waited until the owner of the "plastic parrot" across the hardstand fitted his expensive normal ones and then showed him these and his face went all funny he's always saying that he has the latest and greatest of everything. be the first on your airport with these. available from auto and electronic stores.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:35 pm

Thats cool.....

I suppose that power generating lead from the Rotax ignition may have a use afterall.

Let us know if and how it works.....do you even need a battery or can the power lead go to it directly...next thing is we will need strobes.

I found strobes at Wal-Mart that are powered by 4 AA bateries. They even
claim 3 mile visibility, so they are perfect.

The price is right at $4 each, and if I can power them from the Rotax....even better.

Anyone have experience harnessing the electrical power from a Rotax and putting it to use?
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:40 pm

hey ray, i don't know if they run direct off the power coil of the rotax i'm stuck with the pioneers so will be running via small bat and small solar panel. i.ve been looking at strobes as well, the small ones that are used on fork lift trucks seem ok for close encounters. the ones that are now used on emergency vehicles and such are great but pricey. there are also some neat small spotlights of the new blue light type as well. i,m a little paroniod as were i will be flying has a lot of GA traficc flying overhead heading in and out of the access lane to the GA airport and quite a few trikes in the area flying from there own properties so anything can turn up coming from any direction i'll also fit a small rear view mirror as well as i'm the slowest on the block, hell i could even be bounced by an eagle as there are heaps of them as well. i'm a little paroniod after a gryo was run into from behind by a piper arrow.
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:54 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:34 am

ozzie
LazairNUT

Return to Re-Building tips and info