Volks Field

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby xgary » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:38 pm

Here are some pics of VOLKS FIELD LAZAIRS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:39 pm

anothe outside shot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:40 pm

mascot of LAZAIRS are VOlks and prolly a sign of what is gonna become of the rest there
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:41 pm

Randy Waughs lazair that had according to him NO DAMAGE
HOPE YOU SITTING DOWN
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:42 pm

more of RAndysd NO DAMGE PLANE and the guy flew it home SHEEEEEEEESH

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

REALLY HE DID
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:44 pm

thsi lazair was repairabel yes in my opinion but to claim as a seller it had no damge makes me wonder what kinda folks are aout theere

some one bought the pod for it. hope it was in good shape
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:17 pm

you get what you pay for, and as i hear it this lazair sold for less than $2,000 - I'm pretty sure the buyer would have been aware of its condition for this price.

...and the pod was in great shape and is gonna look great on my lazair ;)

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:55 pm

Wow that's some pretty good damage on the D-cell there.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:49 pm

There was an almost new, very early series 1 Lazair in the mid-Atlantic area, with the "light" spar skin, that sustained very similar damage to the one pictured above. The owner cut out the damage, made new nose ribs, and pop riveted a large patch over it. Sometime later I witnessed this plane being flown in a very aggressive (all right - downright f***ing dangerous) manner for the better part of a day by an ex-military pilot relative of the owner. At the end of the day, when the plane was tied down for the evening, I got a chance to examine it.

All along one side of the patch there was about a 3/16 inch black border. I walked out to the wing tip and lifted the wing, and movement at the patch was quite evident. I went and found the owner, and showed him the movement/marking. He grounded the plane, and when he got home drilled out the rivets and removed the patch. What he found was that most of the rivets on the side of the patch with the movement had missed the spar skin! To this day, I still can not believe that pilot, no matter how hard he tried, - and believe me, HE TRIED - didn't manage to fold up that wing.

Chappy

Postby ozzie » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:00 am

compared to the condition of mine when i found it (it had cartwheeled) they look new. here is a photo of the port nav light i fitted on the weekend
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Next

Return to Pilots Lounge