Scott Perkins Article ?

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby xgary » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:07 am

Sure glad he never got a copy of Lazair plans,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:15 am

yahoo group that asked for article is now moderated
gee i wonder why ?

Your message must be approved by the group owner before being sent to the group.
To: ultralight_aircraft@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:13 am
Subject: Article as requested

I see this group is now moderated i guess some folks not like the truth being told huh ? http://lazair.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=302 Enjoy ! Shorty
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby lazair » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:22 pm

Shorty - you Getting to be a Scan Pro. Thanks for that .

you are a good contributor and a pain in my ass the rest of the time.

Keep it up.

Btw Our site traffic is up 300% here this month with the Tsunami link off our main page. I certainly hope many have helped out one way or another.

Red Cross Link

Also if anyone has notice we have added some advertizers from some of our larger sites. Truly some great deals out there.

Lazair
lazair
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:47 pm

Shannon , who pissed on your cornflakes huh?
Scotty boy heck i member the "talk " from Mr teckie bout bigga ruddervatros, bigga engines, AOA indicator BLABLABLABLABLA

Where is gurumasterof NOTHING now huh?
Selling plans for planes NEAT !! Sure glad he never got lazair plans. huh
at least i posted the article for contraversy and don;t cha think it funny that where ever i post anything abvout sidssy boy scottt that he moderated the group so that no one can detect his tru colours?

and of all people to rag at me for disclosing the facts that N__y never disclosed the specs on the tedlar ....... for all we know that is old Ultraflight stock ?
Maybe some inferior tedlar. I have no idea , nor i care.

However I do care that no one gets lead astray by some fly by nite guy trying to suck in the sheep to the coral.

But hey who cares it only safety EH !!

Well i gonna go back in my hole till you whine to me again.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:51 pm

Shorty,

I for one am glad that Scot Perkins has stayed away from this forum too. He was a pain in the #@&^%$*&.

I agree with Shannon. Besides, he didn't even own a Lazair.

If Nagy purchaed Tedlar from Dupont, it would have a label just like mine did that indicated exactly what it is, and he knows it.

George
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:04 pm

George, Thanks for clarifying the Tedlar issue
and the other one too. I kinda been labeled a basher it seems but in fact i only bash if i feel reason too.

you have just showed the world that you are not full of monkey doo doo.

Other tedlar who knows if it even is/was Tedlar.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:27 pm

I for one am glad that Shorty calls people out on their facts, because it helps us get the straight scoop.

In the end its still up to the individual to decide, but if I heard about some of Shorty's comments earlier I would have done a couple things different, and been better off for it.

Also, I have never heard Shorty pass out something untrue.....he is just about the facts....cut out all the BS.....a protector of the Lazair's members.

I still have the choice to read his comments or not....I don't see any harm in it.

If your tired of his comments dont read his posts.....simple!

Shorty is the Howard Stern of the Lazair site....LOL

"Most people listen because they are curious of what he will say next" :)

Ok, lets get on with our fun airplanes....and enjoy....thats what its all about!
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:40 pm

Well you're not the only one that vents on the forum from time to time. I too get out of control on occasion, but like Shannon, I'm all for doing our best to stick with the all important topic at hand...flying and maintaining our Lazair's with the best and most reliable information available. When Scott and others from the past just stir up more controversary that they add value, then yes, it hits a nerve to hear his name on this quality forum.

I recently got on Ray for that whole Lazair for sale in California thing. But like I told him, he has my respect and admiration for steping out and trying the CDI conversion and hanging out on that limb for all to see whether it be failure or success. And it sounds like he's having success from what I've read on here today. I'm personally excited because although I'm perfectly content to fly my Lazair with point and condensors, that doesn't mean I'm not open to a better option...knowing that it's been proven successful. That's just my old school thinking I guess. I'm onthe fence wathing and actually hoping for Ray to have a proven and successful conversion he can help others with.

We're all in the same ship when it comes to these plane. The part that I know bugs some is when extremely sound and substantiated advise goes unheeded or even worse, without even a simple thank you. I know for a fact that there are some incredibly intelligent minds flying and maintaining these planes that never chime in here to add value to the forum. There are those who are just like the above mentioned tallented folks that sincerely try to add tips and suggestions to those seeking the info yet are so frustrated to even bother anymore due to the inconsiderate nature of some who can't even find the words "thank you" in their vocabulary. Lets give thanks where thanks is due.

Ray, keep up the fight and you will have/have more success. Thanks for sticking your neck and wallet out there for the group.

I have been working on something we can all benefit from as well. When I owned my first Lazair back in 82', I always wished it had a shoulder harness set-up. Well now with the help of Am-Safe (next time you fly commercially look under your seatbelt buckle) they have helped me develop a shoulder harness system with a retractable reel just like in your car, so as you lean forward you reel out so you can reach the pull starters if necessary, but it instantly locks you tight if there is any sudden forward motion, specifically for the Lazair. I'll attach a picture here to give you a sneak preview, but I plan to do a full write-up in the next couple of weeks with full disclosure of how I did it and Am-Safes complete contact info and pricing so if you choose, you can get one for yourself directly from the manufacturer. These guys have bent over backwards to help me do this and I'd like to see many of us using these. They are of the highest quality and workmanship and I know of several who have been waiting for this announcement so they could get one ordered. I have the info now, so if you don't want to wait for the full spread of info in a few weeks. Just e-mail me directly and I'll forward you to the right contact at Am-Safe.

George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:29 pm

shortnaked @ Jan 16 2005, 09:47 PM wrote: Shannon , who pissed on your cornflakes huh?
Scotty boy heck i member the "talk " from Mr teckie bout bigga ruddervatros, bigga engines, AOA indicator BLABLABLABLABLA

Where is gurumasterof NOTHING now huh?
Selling plans for planes NEAT !! Sure glad he never got lazair plans. huh
at least i posted the article for contraversy and don;t cha think it funny that where ever i post anything abvout sidssy boy scottt that he moderated the group so that no one can detect his tru colours?

and of all people to rag at me for disclosing the facts that N__y never disclosed the specs on the tedlar ....... for all we know that is old Ultraflight stock ?
Maybe some inferior tedlar. I have no idea , nor i care.

However I do care that no one gets lead astray by some fly by nite guy trying to suck in the sheep to the coral.

But hey who cares it only safety EH !!

Well i gonna go back in my hole till you whine to me again.

I think you missed my point Shorty. You are bringing up the same old things over and over and over. WE GOT IT. If you can bring to light any NEW information please by all means do.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Chappy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:39 am

"Shorty is the Howard Stern of the Lazair site"

Oh, OK. Now everything makes complete sense.

Or not...
Chappy
LazairNUT

Next

Return to Pilots Lounge