A Special Case

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby lazairiii » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:36 pm

Guys,

I'll be using Mike's pod below for the ASI, Altimeter, Bank Indicator and a G- Meter I picked up on e-bay. See picture below.

I'll be using a small pod I got from Aircraft Spruce for the two tacks...next pic.

George Curtis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:38 pm

Tack pod...

George Curtis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby jb88ci » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:38 am

we have a composit shop here at the school...if someone has a slick pod, instrument cluster etc they'd 'loan' I could get copies made out of carbon fibre....
jb88ci
Popular Lazair Member

Postby JPXman » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:23 pm

the pic of the U-joint swivel making this setup work. i think it basically just moves the same hardware from the 'down stick' (i think that's the proper way to describe the stick that hangs down?) to between the pedals, and uses that fancy schmancy U-joint to simulate the side-to-side movement and translates it up the same, longer tube...
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:04 pm

Those Pods really look good George. Nice !

Wow Tyler, great up-close pic of the prototype Series 3 U-joint floor-stick swivel apparatus. First time I've even seen this arrangement in detail.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:32 am

Shannon @ Feb 24 2005, 06:04 PM wrote:Those Pods really look good George. Nice !

Wow Tyler, great up-close pic of the prototype Series 3 U-joint floor-stick swivel apparatus. First time I've even seen this arrangement in detail.

Thanks Shannon and the JPXman for your precisions on that particular and rare model of the control column found on this LAZAIR.I wonder why the company did not go with this system and
let some go out of the manufacture with this configuration anyway.
Imagine how simple the putaway task would become with this system!
Great pic of the system too. Thanks! JPXMAN
Jean-Marc
www.datumair.com

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:27 pm

The linkage was too fexible and complex.

Tolerances had to be held too tight to keep play out of system.

This blue swoop airplane is the airplane I flew in the Paris airshow.

My memory is that it is the only plane we built with that linkage but not 100% sure.

I think I sold it to someone from DeHavilland and he took delivery in France, flew it home on DeHavallind transport that was at the show.

As I have time and interest I will be responding to some posts here.

I see a lot of non-factual information and some un- friendly posts. I will stay away from them unless they grossly mislead people.

I am extremely grateful that you guys are keeping the Lazair alive.

Dale

Postby JPXman » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:42 pm

come on dale, you're a computer guy how about signing in! :) and let me know if you know a good source for JPX parts now that you're back in the game.
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:32 am

Tyler,

Sorry, can't see any benefit in registering. I think my content and my name on the bottom should verify its me.

I have seen a false post signed dale here though.

Anyway, my only source for JPX parts are the two spares I have (original test stand engines) which I plan to use on the other Elite I still have (it has the only other monofloat from Florida that I know exists, but its not amphibious like the one we got on Ebay tis summer).

Dale

Postby JPXman » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:03 pm

seems like the only way to keep JPXs running is to use old JPXs! i've bought up a bunch to keep me flying, as i'm on the heavier end of the envelope as far as lazair pilots go.

ola, a dude from sweden who has a two seater has a source for the bearings and seals at least - and I'm pretty sure the piston and con rod are standard yamaha or kawi gear...

if you have a tach, let me know what rpm you get with the prop you are using.

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Lazair - General