New Movie

Add your Movies of LAZAIRS here !!

Postby lazair » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:27 am

lazair
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:43 pm

Steve,

Thanks for sending this in. I enjoyed watching it.

BTW, how's the project coming along? Will you be in the air soon?

George Curtis
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:08 pm

thanks george, i have just finished the covering, the mylar looks great. will start the final assembly this weekend and do the fuel and kill switches. i can only get to it one day a week now due to work commitments so hopefully around easter wiil be the big day.

i have been trying a different program to edit the movies the quality is much better but can't upload any larger than 5mb at one time i think it is limited by provider once again time to work on it is limited ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:16 pm

Ozzie,

That sounds great. I'm not far behind you. Maybe only a month.

George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:29 pm

the owners of the feild were i hanger the lazair had a small BBQ fly in yesterday, so i just opened the hander doors and pushed it into open for the first time,and just waited for someone to notice it. same reaction as twenty years ago. just blew them all away. the new mylar looks great in the sun. not far to go now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:48 pm

not one person picked it as an older design. most thought it was a current plans built ultralight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:59 pm

Steve,

I gotta say it first. Lazair's just look awesome in Mylar! Love the wing tips too! Man, you're almost there.

Chappy

PS. It's hard to see in your pictures, but it looks like your ailerons are reflexed up a little, which you really don't want. Also, when you get it finished, will you weigh it and let us know how much it ended up at?
Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:16 am

i don't think anyone flew above 50' in that video, too cool :)
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:43 am

chappy,
the ailerons wern't hooked up when the photo was taken. they are set neautral. i'll have to weigh it for rego need a few bathroom scales for that.
JPXman,
when the footage was taken the legal max height for ultralights was 300' why waste fuel climbing to height anyway. we also wern't allowed to cross sealed roads but THEY did not say you couldn't fly under them. (bridge). at one stage i was hightened by the boss (thats the oppersite to being grounded) 100ft minimum. i found that bloody boring. my list of crimes was quite long. they called me waldo pepper. like chappy i'm a little more wiser now. (reads scares easier now.) OZZIE

Quote. "growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
ozzie
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair movies