[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Lazair wanted

Lazair wanted

Post what you are looking for

Postby Matti » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:37 am

Matti

Postby Shannon » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:05 pm

Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Chappy » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:04 pm

Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:30 pm

Was there a factory fix? Cotter pins and castellated nuts?

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:03 pm

Karl,

Yes, that's what was done. I don't remember exactly when that made it to all the kits, but I think all the Series 3's had it. I built my series one that way when I originally built it. Dale thought it was over kill at the time.

I had a reputation as a bit of a pain in the A** back then, as I was not a fan of some of the construction practices of the day, such as the use of pip pins in friends UL's like the Quicksilver, and was very vocal about it.

Chappy

Postby flyalaz » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:11 pm

Hi Chappy,

Wow! I don't blame you for being vocal. I used to call them rig pins, and although they are great for hanging your remove before flight flags on, and will screw you up if you forget one, I never considered them for use as a permanent flying fastener! Always better to be a vocal pain in the ass than to stand by and watch somebody thunder in.
And speaking about fasteners, I have a couple of planes with the same dumped rivet condition on the front assembly fuse tube end cap. I have also seen the same condition on another plane. I can tell that these rivets were done with a squeeze, (either hand or pneumatically performed) because the buckings show identical markings/defects. This type of dumping was caused by a snap set or jaws that were too short and fouled on the flanges during the squeeze. I repaired mine because I didn't like the idea of reduced strength on a critical assembly. The planes have lasted a long long time with this condition and probably will still go on a long time yet. In your experience, have you ever noticed this before? Was there only one guy making this assembly and lucky me found the planes with his boo-boo in it?

Curious
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:59 pm

< In your experience, have you ever noticed this before? Was there only one guy making this assembly and lucky me found the planes with his boo-boo in it?>

Karl,

Sorry, I don't remember anything about that.

Chappy
Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:16 pm

Hi Chappy,

O.K. I just figured I'd ask. I sent in another post about this and so far nobody else has answered, so I guess it wasd only a couple of planes that have this snag. I also added the two bolt mod to the front end cap to prevent ith wing clevis from rotating around the center bolt. Helps prevent the wing from turning into a propeller if the rivets shear from mishandling.

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby ola » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:32 am

ola
Popular Lazair Member

Return to Wanted to buy