[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - LAZAIR • PARTS FOR SALE

LAZAIR • PARTS FOR SALE

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby lazflyn » Mon May 09, 2005 2:33 am

lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Postby art » Mon May 09, 2005 6:24 am

art
LazairNUT

Postby art » Mon May 09, 2005 7:09 am

art
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Mon May 09, 2005 10:44 am

<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby art » Mon May 09, 2005 4:00 pm

I KNOW NOW WITH ENGINES WE CAN GO AROUND, BUT IF YOU COME IN HIGH HOW WILL SHE RESPOND TO A SLIP TO LAND OR IS IT ADVISEABLE TO DO A GO AROUND. I AM SO USED TO GOOD OLD SPOILER FOR FLIHT PATH CONTROL SO I WONDER ABOUT THAT. ART THANKS FOR RESPNDING.
art
LazairNUT

Postby lazflyn » Mon May 09, 2005 9:20 pm

Art,

To answer you question reguarding being too high on approach, we could use some information about your machine. What props do you have (ie. the bi-props or some other type). This will greatly affect your descent rate. For example I fly a series II with Prince 34x10 props. When I bring my engines to idle, those big props act like spoilers in that they create a lot of drag. My friend has a series II with bi-props. When I descend with his, those tiny props don't create much drag and my descent rate is lower. I then try a side slip to create more drag. The side slip helps, but without much of a fuselage to create drag, it doesn't help as much as you would think. The great thing about Lazairs is that nothing happens really fast, so you have plenty of time to realize that you are too high or whatever. I guess the final trick I've done, now that I think about it, is the s-turn trick. While on final approach, if I'm too high, I'll turn to the left or right for a second or two, then turn back and re-align myself with the runway. At Lazair speeds this seems to work great too.

Hope that helps.

MarkDJ.
lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Previous

Return to Lazair parts for sale