New Faces

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby JPXman » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:28 pm

Hi everyone!

Finally found the place, and will join the conversations! As a start, we should trim the number of topics in the forum, its a lot all at once!

Anyway, lets see if i can post a picture as well...

Tyler
Ottawa, ON
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:35 pm

Try that again...

user posted image
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby lazflyn » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:03 am

Here is a picture from 2 years ago. That was the first Lazair that I every saw or flew. I didn't even know what they were till it showed up at my local airport. Even then, I had a hard time understanding it: 2 engines, 2 model airplane (not really, but looked like) props stacked on top of each other, inverted v-tail, wheelbarrow tires right next to your seat. Weird airplane to say the least. I then found out whose it was and asked when they were going to fly it. I just had to see this thing fly!!? (could it?). While watching it fly, I was completely captivated by its unique sound and its grace while passing by me. I had heard of different ultralights and seen them through the years, but I never knew such a sweet little ultralight existed. I don't know if this was a good thing or not, but the owner let me have a go at it. Having flown general aviation for a few years and flown a Quicksilver, I felt I might be up to the task. NOTHING could be further from the truth! With its ultra-narrow gear, its not-tricycle-not-quite-taildragger configuration, its two engines, 36 foot wing, etc. I had a very exciting time trying to just taxi the blasted thing. Thankfully, where I was attempting to fly it at, the runway was 100 feet WIDE (very important) with soft level ground on both sides of it. This made it nice for the multiple times I ran off the runway while trying to figure out why I was running off the runway. Also, the tall weeds were nice to hide my precarious position I found myself in from curious onlookers...oh yeah and the owner. However, it all came together like magic. I finally understood what to do with what. When everything felt right, I kept increasing the throttles and UP! we go. It initially wanted to climb quite steep, so I pushed forward on the stick. Then, after I got to a more comfortable speed, I climbed out from the airport. WOW. Words have a hard time describing how much fun I was having and how nice the airplane flew. It flew completely different than the Quicksilver. Seemed to flow through the air rather than push through it. I flew for awhile, then headed back for an uneventful (considering my takeoff attempts), yet pleasant landing. What a great plane in the air, I thought. Someday I'll get one...

MarkDJ. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Postby Shannon » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:33 am

OK George ! You gonna' get off some cash or what ? Who's that guy flying it ? Get outta' that seat you bum !
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby lazflyn » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:57 pm

Shannon,

That bum just bought that plane. Actually, rescued is the better word for it. He rescued that plane from the hands of a true bum who left it outside for 2 years in the hot Arizona sun. Then, to fix the brittle Tedlar, he used duct tape. Now that is a true bum!

Thanks to George building an excellent example of a Lazair, I suffer from insomnia due to nights of endless google searches concerning Lazair subjects. I experience reoccurring dreams of flying low and slow with an engine on each side of me, carrying me along my journey. At times, it is all I think about.

I still dream to this day, but that will soon end. In November of last year I bought a Lazair and am currently, lovingly, rebuilding it. I bought it out in Michingan. It is A-719. Yeah, that is Mr. P-tip prop mans' old bird. It was quite an experience taking it across the country to its new home in Utah (picked up floats and met Mike M while I was out there). I live 2 hours north of George and plan on checking out his new kit (that is nearing a very loving completion) soon.

So, thanks be to George, there will be 3 Lazairs in Utah flying in formation this summer. You may call me Mark, but if you prefer, bum will work as I am actually not the one in the seat. It is another Mark, the one who just rescued/bought 686 from neglecting hands. This is probably confusing to all now. For the record, there is 2 built Lazairs in Utah now. And they both have owners by the name of Mark. Both live in the same town. Two yellow Lazairs. Two Marks. No bums. The bum is in Arizona.

Nice to meet you Shannon!

MarkDJ.
lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Postby xgary » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:41 pm

Needs a new thread?

"LAZAIR BUMS "

does one to be naked?

LOLlLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:18 am

Hi Mark,

The "Bum" comment was just a joke. No poke intended ! It was an inside joke about some unknown person flying Georges beloved old gal. No confusion here on the history of 686 I know the whole story.

I'm glad, as I'm sure George is, that Mark rescued the plane from someone would didn't care. What a shame to let a nice plane go to seed.

I'm very aware of Georges loving and careful build of his new plane. As a matter of fact I've been a huge supporter of this project from the time it was still in the box in pieces as an early Series 2. Ask George, he can fill you in.

I cerainly hope you guys can get together to share information and eventually do some flying together.

Shannon
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby lazair » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:19 pm

Glad to see you all getting along now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lazair
LazairNUT

Postby lazflyn » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:51 am

I figured you probably were just playing with George. Just thought it would be a good way to introduce the two newest Lazair owners to the group. Didn't know what all you knew about George. From the sound of things it would appear you've been around Lazairs for quite some time.

MarkDJ.
lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Postby lazairiii » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:04 pm

Mark,

I have to say that it's great to have my former plane back close to home and in the hands of a caring owner once again.

I look forward to meeting you and talking Lazairs this summer.

If you have questions, just ask.

George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Lazair - General