Rod ends

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby jb88ci » Tue May 24, 2005 11:41 am

need me some rod ends for rudder pedals and aileron linkage...anyone know where to source them......$17 ea from Aircraft spruce....**CHOKE**
jb88ci
Popular Lazair Member

Postby Guest » Tue May 24, 2005 12:09 pm

Tyler put a link on his site.
http://www.monisys.ca/~tparadis/Parts.htm

Postby Billm » Tue May 24, 2005 1:57 pm

Tyler
You need to add Karl of bonnieandkarl@sympatico.ca for original style seat covers.
He just did one for me and it came out beautifully, it looks like it will last a long time too.
Bill
Billm
Popular Lazair Member

Postby Shannon » Tue May 24, 2005 2:54 pm

I'll second that. Karl made me a set of P-tip covers and they turned out excellent.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby rayjb60 » Wed May 25, 2005 2:45 pm

Since we are talking about that link page might as well update the Wildfire CDI conversion link.

Im flying the conversion and its great....although $300 USD per engine for now.

If someone wants to take the lead, Im confident it can be done for under $100 USD per engine and have provided all the data and sources for the parts in the thread for the "CDI conversion".

The only missing link is how to wind the coil that sits under the flywheel, for the CDI module.....but it would not be rocket science.....just needs someone who understands how many turns to wind a certain size wire to get the required voltage.

I have not found a source for this coil but its because I have not looked hard, since Im up and running with my $300 conversion, Ive lost the motivation to continue that research.

I guess the demand for $100 per engine CDI conversions just is not there yet.

Thats OK, Im enjoying my rock solid engines and 5800 rpms immensely....it was worth it, and I felt like I at least made a contribution to the Lazair world by documenting in detail what I have done!

Without Lazair.com I probably would not have ever bought a Lazair....having this support forum is just awesome and inspires people to forge ahead and become a part of the flying Legend.

Got quite a bit off topic, but it feels good to put it out there. :D

Ray
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby art » Wed May 25, 2005 3:23 pm

Without Lazair.com I probably would not have ever bought a Lazair....having this support forum is just awesome and inspires people to forge ahead and become a part of the flying Legend.

RIGHT ON RAY !!!!!
art
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Wed May 25, 2005 3:27 pm

George Curtis here. Shannon and I did an extensive bit of research on this subject last year and we found and excellent source for the two different bearings used in the Lazair.

The bearing that is used on all the pushrods ends and rudder peddals (except the two up on the mixer) are all common and you can get them for under $4 US. They are manufactured by QA-1 and the part number is CMR-3. We liked these for a number of reasons, but they are nearly indentical to the original, BUT with a big difference. The iriginals had a static load of around 900-1000 lbs whereas these CMR-3's are rated at 2074lbs...that over double the strength, and they very inexpensive. You could completely replace all the bearing on the plane for under $50

The part number for the bearing that is used at the mixer is CMR-3S

Search the net for a dealer nearest you for purchasing, or go directly tot heri site and read this for yourself at

http://www.qa1.net/qa1_ind2005.pdf#sear ... 0bearings&#39;

Don't settle for bearings like Heim or Aurora, trust us, we've sampled them all and have found these QA-1 bearing superior. Now having said that, choose for yourself and don't hold us responsible, this is just an opinion.

George

Postby Guest » Wed May 25, 2005 3:32 pm

George Curtis here. Shannon and I did an extensive bit of research on this subject last year and we found an excellent source for the two different bearings used in the Lazair.

The bearing that is used on all the pushrods ends and rudder pedals (except the two up on the mixer) are all common and you can get them for under $4 US. They are manufactured by QA-1 and the part number is CMR-3. We liked these for a number of reasons, but they are nearly indentical to the original, BUT with a big difference. The irriginals had a static load of around 900-1000 lbs whereas these CMR-3's are rated at 2074lbs...thats over double the strength, and they are very inexpensive. You could completely replace all the bearings on the plane for under $50

The part number for the bearing that is used at the mixer is CMR-3S

Search the net for a dealer nearest you for purchasing, or go directly to their site and read this for yourself at

http://www.qa1.net/qa1_ind2005.pdf#sear ... 0bearings&#39;

Don't settle for bearings like Heim or Aurora, trust us, we've sampled them all and have found these QA-1 bearing superior. Now having said that, choose for yourself and don't hold us responsible, this is just an opinion.

George

Postby JPXman » Wed May 25, 2005 7:10 pm

hey folks

yes total credit for that rod end source goes to Shannon, i just posted info he kindly gave me. if any of you have anything else you've found that could go on my list, just drop me a line! good to keep a record of these things since these birds will be flying for at least another 25 years ;)
JPXman
LazairNUT

Return to Re-Building tips and info