[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Rephrase-- Carels Gear

Rephrase-- Carels Gear

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby art » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:30 pm

art
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:40 am

Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:32 pm

Postby Chappy » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:56 pm

Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:22 am

Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:25 pm

Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:28 am

JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:54 am

tyler -- this year you think it not good to have the centerline trust off center?

I say torsional twist on spar/D-cell could be a problem. But i standto be corrected upon flight testing.

:)

JPXman Posted on Jun 8 2005, 01:28 AM
on a standard nacelle with the rubber mounts in two rows, along top and bottom, as long as the centreline of the thrust acts somewhere between the two, I would think this would be satisfactory as well. this would only induce a tiny moment on the D-cell due to thrust if it was between the top and bottom mounts.

last year it was ok ?

JPXman Posted on Mar 9 2004, 12:02 PM
it seems to me that people have been flying on redrive 185's with 44" props for 20 years in British Columbia. The fact that the thrust centreline is actually lower will help reduce pitch/thrust sensitivity in my mind.

of course, simply my opinion! I think they look sweet and will work fine - we're not flying the space shuttle here with ultra-fine tolerances.

I would however hope that Carel incorporated the "long bolt" modification to his engine mounting strategy, and incorporated a method of distributing the new longitudinal torque about the D-cell from the hefty amount of additional off-centre thrust - could be in the form of the extra plate on the top and bottom that is added as part of the long bolt mod. But if his craftsmanship is any indication, i think its all great.

I say giver Carel.

Tyler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:42 am

Some redrives can be rotated for either a top or bottom centerline orientation, but I wonder if a left or right side is also possible....or you could turn the whole engine sideways in the mount perhaps.

if the thrust centerline is still in line with the wing, it would be best.....although you would still want to reinforce the spar attach points, but at least you avoid the torsion on the spar.....I suppose its a bending force now instead, but probably less problematic in the long run.

Ray
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Return to Re-Building tips and info