[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - SERIES III EC FOR SALE

SERIES III EC FOR SALE

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby Shannon » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:21 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby rayjb60 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:09 pm

<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:53 am

BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:06 am

Postby Chappy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:46 pm

Deleted duplicate post
Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:56 pm

This one is mine now! WAHOO!!! I've been trying to find an Enclosed Cockpit Series III for a dozen years now. Always, always sold before I could get a chance at them. Fetching it took 6000 miles in 8 days of driving, $1000+ in gas. We actually got to Sheridan, Oregon in 3 1/2 days from Northern Virginia. We saw some beautiful country, but damn is Kansas boring. BTW, my wife went along! She says she would do the Xcountry thing again, but please in an airplane next time. Made it back to VA Saturday with two days to spare before the first snows, and road salt, hit along the route.

Original owner (Loren Otto) since new, everything is original 1984 except the windshield. The Tedlar is still very strong, not so sure about the tapes. Wingtips were done in Tedlar and they have not stood up well. There must be 2 dozen small punctures in the coverings. The aircraft will need recovering and painting to look sharp again, but there is NO corrosion and the D spars are in good shape. Engines look like new (were gone over by a Rotax shop 2 yrs ago), everything has only 40 hours TT. One tailwheel fell off along the route home (!?), and I could use a left side wheel pant as it is a bit funky. I'm sure I'll find a bunch of other little things. Came with a nice, loaded instrument panel. I fly my series I using only a $2 compass and $20 altimeter, but I guess the instrument pod will look good in the EC. He threw in a very nice open trailer as part of the deal. This is the second time this Lazair has been trailered across the USA. It's also been trucked across the USA once, and was shipped across Canada to BC from the factory as a kit. It was dealer built in BC, then flown into the USA. There is no record of the factory serial number. The owner says he paid $12000 for it new in 1984 IIRC.

I'm just starting construction of a house, and due to the fact I have no idea what I've got myself into, I'm a little overwhelmed right now (to put it mildly). That's OK, though, as now I know I have the Lazair EC to fix up when I do have the time!

Thanks, Shannon, for the heads up! Sorry, Ozzie...

Happy Chappy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:09 pm

uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby daffy1029 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:08 am

daffy1029
LazairNUT

Postby lazair.com-afraid to register?Jo » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:22 am

Hi Chappy,

Wow...what a great find...congrats! It sounds like you and your wife had quite the adventure going to pick it up too....3 1/2 days to Oregon...that's smokin. Where are you intending to fly? Warrenton? Know anyone with a large field outside the ADIZ?

It's been about a year since I've deveoted any significant time to my project...but that's life sometimes :( ...I've got a '46 Willys project in the garage that needs to be finished and cleared out first...hope to have that done this winter. Since I'm sandblasting today, I'll do the exhaust systems and get them preped for the ceramic coating...I've never tried it, but the specs for these coatings talk a good game.

Perhaps I can lean on you for some advise on my 2-seater project. I would't mind having another set of eyes take a look at the wings and offer some opinions. The center section of the fuselage looks a bit rough too, and I'm not completly confident in my ability to make an accurate assessement.

Anyway...enjoy your new toy and hope I get the chance to thouch base with you.

John
(just east on 50)
lazair.com-afraid to register?Jo

Postby aroguetrader » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:26 am

...gosh...it's been so long since I've last posted, I forgot to log-in. The last post on this was from me....I'll go back and make sure my account info is up to date.
aroguetrader
Lazair.com Member

Next

Return to Lazair parts for sale