Ground Handleing

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby lazairiii » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:30 pm

Guest,

Thank you for the advice, as I will begin my ground handling parctice hopefully this weekend.

Sounds like I'm not the only one that need the advice.

Thanks again,
George Curtis
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:58 am

Welcome. Well I guess all questions were answered since no other replies or follow-ups have been added to the thread ?

Postby art » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:31 pm

I'm willing to hear more. Any other opinions?
art
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:46 pm

I can't figure out why Guest thinks a series II is a nose dragger. I've seen probably 100 lazairs and none of them were factory nose draggers.

Art, if your engines are even 200 rpm off, it won't cause a serious concern while taking off, the rudders can keep you straight. And when you're taxiing, the wind is always blowing you around a bit so you're always making adjustments to rudders and engine power. just strap in and give it a shot! my first taxi trials i never even got faster than walking speed....
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby art » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:57 pm

Last Sunday my wife and I went up to Saratoga at the invitation of Richard Wheeler, for me to do some taxiing. He as been holding my Lazair (A-961) until my back improved. I found myself so focused on sysching the engines that I forgot about the rudders and just tried to steer with the throttles. Big mistake! when I realized what I was doing things improved somwhat but no cigar yet. Richard spent alot of time pulling me out of the weeds. What patience! What a guy! It was worth the price of the plane just to meet and know this guy. He's done everything to help me out since I bought it. He felt the left engine wasn't working quite right so he didn't want to chance taking it to the local airport (Argyle, N.Y.)He flew it around the house a couple of times to give us a look. The night before I charged the video camera on a switched outlet. Guess where the switch was set? I pointed and pressed and nothing!
so I grabbed the still camera and this is what I got...
art
LazairNUT

Postby art » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:59 pm

this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
art
LazairNUT

Postby art » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:59 pm

this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
art
LazairNUT

Postby art » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:00 pm

this
art
LazairNUT

Postby art » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:01 pm

this
art
LazairNUT

Postby art » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:02 pm

this
art
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Lazair - General