Will the flying season ever get here?

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:33 pm

< Why yes, yes I do all my flying at 20 mph. Isn't that what Lazair low'n slow flying is all about? Of course, for cross countries I power up to a whopping 38. But where the Lazair shines the best is in the low 'n slow role. I just love checking things out at Lazair speeds. You not only see the forest, you see the trees. In fact, you see the tree and fly around it. >

Mark,

I know what you mean! For a couple years I flew an Avenger (now called Hurricane) fat UL. It had 54hp, was very heavy but very strong and had powerful flight controls, so it was quite a different animal from my potato chip of a series 1. I thought it would be a good move up, and it was a better "club plane", but I became disenchanted with it rapidly. It was much too heavy to feel like a true UL, and yet only had half the speed of a real light plane while burning tons of gas.

Many times late in the day, when I would be returning to my field and on long final, I would find myself overpowered by the feeling that I wanted to be in my old Lazair - just floating along on that buoyant wing as nothing else can. Whether it's floating along at 20 mph just over the trees or fields, or making ridiculously tight turns at WOT, or flying along for ten minutes with a hawk just off my wingtip, or ridge soaring with the engines off, or stuck at 6ooo feet for an hour without moving - there's nothing quite like our Lazairs!

Thanks for your pictures and stories. They definitely bring back vivid feelings of flights gone by.

Chappy

Postby Chappy » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:48 am

Mark,

I know what you mean! For a couple years I flew an Avenger (now called Hurricane) fat UL. It had 54hp, was very heavy but very strong and had powerful flight controls, so it was quite a different animal from my potato chip of a series 1. I thought it would be a good move up, and it was a better "club plane", but I became disenchanted with it rapidly. It was much too heavy to feel like a true UL, and yet only had half the speed of a real light plane while burning tons of gas.

Many times late in the day, when I would be returning to my field and on long final, I would find myself overpowered by the feeling that I wanted to be in my old Lazair - just floating along on that buoyant wing as nothing else can. Floating along at 20 mph just over the trees or fields, or making ridiculously tight turns at WOT, or flying along for ten minutes with a hawk just off my wingtip, or ridge soaring with the engines off, or stuck at 6ooo feet for an hour without moving - there's nothing quite like our Lazairs!

Thanks for your pictures and stories. They definitely bring back vivid feelings of flights gone by.

Chappy
Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby rcflyer40t » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:39 pm

:rolleyes: . Hey guys, havin fun. I bet. well i got a question for lazflyn. Would you be able too help me out in getting a instrument panel, like the one you got. I like it alot. very nice. Is there a chance I can get a hold of one. For My Lazair.

Thankx

Chris.
rcflyer40t
Lazair.com Member

Postby lazflyn » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:30 am

Chris,

Well I'm afraid I can't be of much help. I think Mike McKusick made an instrument pods awhile back, but I don't know if he still does. Mine is not for sale at this time. Maybe George or Shannon know another source for instrument pods.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

MarkDJ.
lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Postby rcflyer40t » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:54 pm

:rolleyes: thank you for responding, i've been very busy this summer, i really hate it. i havent been able to see my sweet heart for some time. i really miss her. i will speak with mike, he might beable to make me an instrument panel. thank you
rcflyer40t
Lazair.com Member

Postby Shannon » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:27 pm

Contact Mike He can make you an Inst. Pod.

Mike McKusick Pro Fiberglass Services

wheel pants, wing tips, engine cowls, floats & pods made exclusively for the Lazair. Contact Mike at 810-277-6509--9 to 5 EST. or 810-632-7660 or 810-227-6522 & at mmcq6@earthlink.net or proglass@earthlink.net
Shannon
SHANNON

Previous

Return to Pilots Lounge