[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Lazair For sale here on EBAY

Lazair For sale here on EBAY

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby lazair » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:09 am

LAZAIR FOR SALE on EBAY

Lazair twin engine ultralight project !

You will be bidding on a [ non-flyable ] Lazair project and a fully enclosed trailer made especially for this a/c.

W.O.W. !!!! just imagine being able to fly this ' multi-engine' a/c , without needing the F.A.A. ' MEL ' endorsement ..... you will be the envy of every pilot ... at your airport.

HISTORY : unfortunately, the history on this project is unknown . This package was purchased at an ' Estate' sale ,.... and the only paperwork that came with it was the Title for the trailer !! The a/c will be delivered with a Bill of Sale and a Liability Waiver Statement.

There are 2 E.A.A. ' fly-in' decals attached to a fairing dated : 1981 and 1982; so we know that this a/c was flying during those years. It is my understanding that this a/c has been in its trailer and stored inside of the owner / builder[s] garage for over the past 5 years.

Based on my experience of having rebuilt / refurbished / flown and sold 4 Experimental and 2 Ultralight aircraft [ during the past 5 years] , I would estimate that it would take me about 40 hours of labor and less than $200.00 , for parts, to make this Lazair .... safe to fly. I would
replace all elect. wiring ; s.s. guy-support wires; fuel lines ; fuel tank ; decarbon both 2 cycle engines and carbs. ; replace the spark plugs and main gear inner tubes [ they are bicycle tires and tubes] ; double check all AN hardware and re-lube all AN fittings / bearings .... and then wash it all over to make it look ' pretty ' again !!!

Both engines turn over by hand.... and with the ' pull' re-coil starter system ; both props appear to be in useable condition ; the Mylar or Tedlar clear covering , on the wings and tail-feathers ' pass' the drum-test..... and there are no rips or tears in the fabric. There is NO visible corrosion on any viewable aluminum surface. A/c fuselage , wings and tail-feathers are all undamaged indicating that this a/c has not been ' crashed' !!!

Trailer is custom made for this a/c. The frame looks like it was a single axle boat trailer... then the a/c builder simply built a fully enclosed trailer around the Lazair. The exterior covering is all aluminum / flat / ribbed sheet . The interior and floor is plywood... and the floor is covered with indoor / outdoor carpeting. The rear door folds ' down' to become the on-load / off-load ramp. Wings are supported at several [ wing] contour-cut floor stations and held in place by over-head support clamps.

Complete info. / specs. on this a/c may be obtained thru a Yahoo search.... then type in :
Lazair ultralight aircraft. You will be impressed with the amount of info. available.... and the long history on this unique ultralight.

Thank You all for your interest ..... Happy bidding.... Ron.

SPECIAL NOTE : at the request of the winning bidder , I am available deliver this package for a cost of $0.75 per round trip [ MapQuest ] mile , from Peoria , Il. , to new owners location , back to Peoria, Il. .... anywhere in the CONUSA .... or to the nearest American / Canadia border crossing station.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazair
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:47 pm

being one of the lightest models this would be perfect for thermalling and ridge soaring burns only one gallon an hour at full power. ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:30 am

yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:18 pm

Hi Yankeflyer (Name?), what is your location ? There are several Lazairs near Arlington, WA.

Postby yankeflyer » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:44 pm

Hi Shannon

I'm located in Gillette Wyoming and probably won't be able to start work on the airplane till later in the year.

I haven't flown since 96 as far as ultralights go in my general aviation ticket just had the medical go out of date about a year ago and I haven't flown or had a check ride for about a year before that. So I'm truly looking forward to be a pilot with a plane again.

The last time I was in Arlington, Washington was 1987 and Rick Moore was my mentor at the time and I understand he still is in the area.

The plane was purchased at an estate sale for Daniel R. Adye. Ron Wright, the man about the plane from could not offer much the plane's history. So I will be look in to fill in the blanks if anybody has any knowledge of Daniel R. Adye and his flying experience with the plane and its history.

Actually I'm not sure exactly what I have bought but it appears to be an early model narrow gear bicycle wheels skid plates on the tail feathers and front.

I only gave the wings the briefest inspection and did not remove him from the trailer but everything looked good (low hours\low miles) and the engines are tiny.

Anyway Elk camp starts tomorrow and I will be in the Bighorn Mountains above shared in Wyoming for the rest of the week.

I'm 56 single retired -- and every day is Saturday

Miles B. Mulloy

My avatar is a picture of me at 40 flying the Bitterroot Valley south of Missoula Montana. We would all meet up the sky divers at the bar at LoLo after a day's fun flying and skydiving at Stevensville.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:39 am

Miles looks like you have an original MK1 model that had the sling seat, bike wheels and the 3 axis hooked onto the stick, no rudder pedals. it will be covered in mylar and will have the skids on the tail. the engines will be the 5.5hp pioneer chainsaw moters. it will fly ok if you are not to heavy. most of the info you will find here is on the later series models. but most is revelant. fly it as it is then as you become more expierienced with the lazair you can decide on upgrades. ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:33 pm

Hi Miles, thanks for the background.

Shannon
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby yankeflyer » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:51 pm

yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:53 pm