[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Please don't do this in your Lazair

Please don't do this in your Lazair

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby Dale Kramer » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:58 am

Dale Kramer
Lazair.com Member

Postby Shannon » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:07 pm

I agree completely. The reported cause of this crash is pure fantasy. You don't simply stall a Lazair at 500' and perish in an unrecoverable dive.

Lazair Crash in Aviation Safety Letter from Transport Canada. 02.2004 A

Stall at Pattern Altitude Claims Another Life

The pilot of a Lazair ultralight aircraft had taken off to practice touch and go. He was proceeding on a wide left-hand circuit downwind for landing. He had been sequenced number one and as he turned base, witnesses heard both engines stop. The aircraft continued on what looked like a power-off glide back to the airport. As the aircraft approached final, the wings were seen to rock from side to side. The aircraft then nosed over to about a 90° angle and the pilot was unable to recover from the dive, even though the altitude from which it was begun was reported to be close to 500 ft.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby lazair » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:52 am

Hi- I was just reading your posts Dale and Shannon and searched the database for you.

Try these two
article 1

Article 1 -original

Hope this helps and if you have more info you need put up on the site --please let me know. web@lazair.com
lazair
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:42 am

It's pretty frustrating the way that Transport Canada treats ultralights. From different functions that I have attended, it would appear that transport does not do a formal investigation for any ultralight incident. For General Aviation aircraft, all accidents resulting in death, are fully investigated. For Ultralights, only a brief inspection is done. Apparently, whatever the investigator assumes happened becomes the documented fact.
I've thought about that same crash many times. There is no way that a lazair stalled and spun in on final. Unfortunately, this is a common occurance for G.A. fatalities on final approach. The investigator obviously simply chose to treat the Lazair as a G.A. aircraft and that was that.
It's very sad for the ultralight community because we should all have the opportunity to learn from incidents such as these in order to prevent them in the future. Transport doesn't seem to care.
Keep this in mind whenever you read about an ultralight incident. The report you see is most likely based more on speculation than actual fact.

Brian D.

Postby xgary » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:12 am

brian ,, good post there .

Thing is transport canada is the ones who said spin trianing not necessary.

to me that is wrong.
noww can a lazair spin ? i never been able to do it but a spiral can be done and that is what has happened on lazairs befre
eg

lose right engine on takeoff or just after to ater 200 feet and turn right --
now you got a few more things against you
and you try to make it back to runway
===YIKES i smella stall coming and possbily spiral starting.

i seen a lazair do this last year --so let that be a lesson

I think Trans canada should make better pilots all round and have less beuorcratic BS j

:)
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby tommyb » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:34 pm

Yeah well the FAA treats UL and Experimental aircraft like a different class citizens also. I know this first hand being a survivor of a home built plane crash. No matter what evidence they found it was my fualt. And there was a structural defect that cause the incident. Luckily for me I had a friend in hte FAA that got involved and set them straight or it would have been recorded as pilot error- which never looks good in your history
tommyb
Popular Lazair Member

Postby yankeflyer » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:06 pm

yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair - General