[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - who flies what?

who flies what?

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby Dale Kramer » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:08 am

Dale Kramer
Lazair.com Member

Postby bdiedenhofen » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:37 am

bdiedenhofen
Popular Lazair Member

Postby yankeflyer » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:32 pm

yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:50 pm

I have a serial #323 Series II with rudder pedal and muffler upgrades.

185 - Rotaxes that I converted to CDI ignition with the Wildfire kits.

I acquired it from the builder Rick Homes in AZ in June 2004, who got it 90% complete.

Mr Homes bought the kit from a dealer called Saddler, who eventually went on to design his own hot ultralight fighter called a Saddler Vampire.....cool ship!

I finished it up the Lazair and performed test flights in 2005.

I have about 4 flights to date for a total of maybe 1.5 hrs flight time.

You can see some of my flight pics at El Mirage in the Pilots Lounge> Pilots Log thread around the September time frame.

Im very happy with the Lazair and plan to do a lot more flying in the future.

Im located in Lake Elsinore, CA but do my flying from El Mirage Dry Lake in CA.

Anyone interested is welcome to come out and join me.

There are as many as 8 Lazairs trailered at El Mirage but I have only seen Chris and myself active there.

Its a shame the others seem to be mothballed but if anyone is looking to buy one Im sure some of those people could be contacted to sell their planes.

I was a Glider pilot for 3 years(96-99) at SOSA in Ontario Canada.
Getting back into it in 2006 since I now have a Monerai Sailplane as well.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby tommyb » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:59 pm

nice glider
tommyb
Popular Lazair Member

Postby rayjb60 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:30 pm

You'd die if you knew how little I paid for the Monerai.....it was basically a gift from a great USCG guy and saved the Monerai from ending up in a local Museum.

Although I did have to drive from CA to FL and back to pick it up....5200 miles.

It has 8 flight hours on it, but Im putting in all the recommended mods to improve performance before I take her up myself in 2006.

My Lazair was also a good buy at $2500 with trailer.

It was good to hear that Mark from Utah is enjoying his Lazair so much and I feel good knowing I could contribute to his enjoyment in my own small way by helping him with a surplus flywheel i had after my CDI conversion....his flywheel lost its magnets some how.

And thats why we are all here at this site...supporting each other to keep our unique and excellent Lazairs flying and having fun.

Thanks Mark!

Ray
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:00 pm

Miles,

Those are neat little engines, and really light for the power, not to mention electric start too. With the redrives they will likely produce way more power than you'd need for a single place. I think I'd derate them down some from the 13.4 hp each at 9000 rpm and save some wear and tear on both the engines and you're nerves! The clutches will be a liability if you plan to do much engine off soaring.

BTW, I didn't see a TBO number, have you seen one? On my series 1, the little 100 cc Pioneer chainsaw engines with redrives running about 8500 rpm (5.5 hp) at takeoff power, I get around 200 hours TBD (time before destruction).

Chappy
Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:45 pm

Chappy,

I need to get those engines first and then see how they perform and then go from there. I'm still looking for a assembly manual for the series 1-the one I downloaded turns out to be a series 3. I believe Ozzie seen or heard them run on a para glider - maybe I'll find some information from the para gliders about their reliability.

Too bad that extra 40 pounds I have to lift into the air isn't fuel.

Alex Strojniks S2a is a self launching glider that I had hoped would be my next project and I do own a couple of sets of plans; but I'm only just now putting a shop together and that will take most of the winter.

After looking at Rays Monerai I gotta hope that may be a nice glider will still be my future. I see one comes up for sale every now and then.

If I actually pull it off and get those engines from Sweden I'll be keeping this forum informed about my progress.

The Pioneers had 80 and 90 psi in a compression test. I'll keep them around for now until I for sure have a replacement.

Miles
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:40 pm

rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:59 am

russell
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Lazair - General