The Big Inspection

Share your thoughts, photos and general help to all builders

Postby ozzie » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:12 am

B) saturday was the big day were i'd find out just how good my workmanship is and if i had all the paperwork in order. The inspector turned up and we went thru all the assembly and parts manuals. read and accepted the report on my lazairs history. studied the list of components replaced and thoughly inspected the area of repairs and then went on with a fine tooth comb over the rest of the airframe. We then placed the lazair on scales and recorded 76KG/ 168lbs empty.
Demonstrate the method to obtain the CoG. A long worried wait while he rechecked his entries and then finally entered into the new aircraft log book that this aircraft conforms to the appropriate regs and recommends that it be returned to service with zero time airframe and engines. YAHOO. First part of the paper war done. just have to add 2 sets of photos of the Lazair, a flight manual, some cash and send the whole lot in. with a bit of luck i'll be allocated a number, then put it on the left wing take a photo of it send it to them and then i'll get the certificate. so a few more weeks to go but i'm on the home straight. After all the work,setbacks and sucesses over the last 3 years, i feel like i can stand back and take a deep breath. THANKS for all the help guys i couldn't have got this far without lazair.com OZZIE
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby lazairiii » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:47 pm

Excellent!!! You have done a nice job on the plane and now you are nearly ready to reap the rewards of your labors.

Congratulations,
George Curtis
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby gdewsbury » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:37 pm

Concratulations Steve. This has been a long time comming. Hope you enjoy flying your Lazair for many years.

Glen Dewsbury
gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Postby tommyb » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:27 am

good job, what country are you in? make sure you post some flying pics here for us too. :D
tommyb
Popular Lazair Member

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:42 am

thanks guys, just another step and a few more to go. i now have to finish the trailer and then find a suitable place to test it. tommyb i am in Australia land of very few lazairs.

Return to Re-Building tips and info