radio controll

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby tommyb » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:40 am

Hey just me being curious again : how many people flying are also into R/C planes or helis?
I know thats what drew me into learning to fly in the first place now I fly real planes so much I barley fly the little ones.
Tom
tommyb
Popular Lazair Member

Postby lazairkid » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:29 am

:D Hey Tom,
I fly a Electric r/c glider with a 4ft wing.
I take it out every chance I get.
Thomas
lazairkid
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:39 pm

I have been flying models since I was a little kid. and 40+ years later I am still flying them, and still learning from them. The largest to date is a four meter glider that is capable of some amazing flights. It can do 25 kilometer flights (even if I can't) on a good day!
Don't ever let anybody get you down about "toys". Remember, the Wright Brothers and everybody before them, and since them have used models in one way or another to test their theories.

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby Ed Toner » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:37 pm

I'm a retired TWA Capt., model builder for the last 65 years, and I belong to a Forum, SFA.

A member asked it a LAZAIR actually flew with the power of lengths of twisted rubber bands, as in a model airplane.

This came up under the topic of the smallest and largest models ever built and flown. Certainly the LAZAIR would take the prize as the largest, if it is true.
Ed Toner
Lazair.com Member

Postby rayjb60 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:30 am

Ive been a RC modler for 35 years as well, but one day when I was 8 my dad took me for a ride in a Sailplane....even though I was rather green under the gills from the unfamiliar motion of circling in thermals, I knew I had to do it myself some day.

In the mean time I got into models, but 10 years ago I starting taking glider lessons and got licensed and flew for 5 years.

Other priorities have taken me away from gliding for 5 years, but then a couple years ago I decided I have to get back in the air....by chance I found this Lazair group and shortly thereafter bought a lazair......then a great deal came along and I bought a Monerai Glider as well, and this weekend Im likely going to buy an HP-11 to replace the Monerai as a higher performance craft.

Modeling has been pretty low on my list for the last 5 years, but I do take out the electric zaggy now and then or I fly my Dragonfly electric Heli in the living room if the weather is poor.

I have an RC P51 and a 10' span Cirrus Glider as well.

Modeling a Lazair electric would be very cool!

Ray
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby LAZAIR 4 EVER » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:06 pm

Hi!
I am also a model builder and love to fly electric free fly and indoor micro RC.
The equipment you can buy now is just awsome the last model I built and flew was only 25grams.
lots of guys are now flying 7 and 5 grames models and this fully proportionel and scale.battery technology is just booming with the new lithium-polymer cells.
Try punshing micro model aircraft or the aeronuts in google you will see some neat stuff.
A micro in door RC LAZAIR would be very cool!!!!!

John.
LAZAIR 4 EVER
Lazair.com Member

Postby Ed Toner » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:23 am

I'd like to build a model LAZAIR, but a search for a kit, plans, and even a good 3 view came up ZERO.

Can someone direct me to a link for any of these?
Ed Toner
Lazair.com Member

Postby rcflyer40t » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:12 pm

:P hey guys i have been in thr hobby for seven yrs now, and i am still very heavy into it, u name it i have either done it played with it, or own it. i've got way too many aircrafts but just means more fun.... i'm into aircrafts (nitro and electric),and heli's (nitro and electric). same with cars and trucks. it's way to much fun to just quit like that. i also work at hobby people in orange, ca. so it helps with the heavy into part. hehe. but again lots of fun. got ?'s just ask me...kool

Smile,
Chris :rolleyes:
rcflyer40t
Lazair.com Member

Postby ozzie » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:02 am

G'day Ed, i was going to post these last week but i did not get to my workshop till last weekend. these are original factory drawings that came with the series one and are over 20 yrs old. i hope they can help in some way. regards Ozzie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:05 am

the second one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Next

Return to Lazair - General