who flies what?

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby LAZAIR 4 EVER » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:36 pm

Thanks Chappy!
Feels good to know that some of us! know their stuff.
great infos and I feel more confident now!
That's a big plus.
By the way I have the whole airplane apart and I realy think of changing all of them (spare and cap ridge) one after the other on that different wing.
I realy prefer to have things square on the whole machine.
I know that the two kinds of rivets we are talking about have different sheer resistance and beeing up there at five thousand feet, up and down in turbulances, I would not want to start wondering if I did the good thing while I had the whole airplane apart.
See what I mean.
A peace of mind.
Thanks again!
keep in touche!

John
LAZAIR 4 EVER
Lazair.com Member

Postby lazairiii » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:43 pm

The Avex rivets you want are:

1661-0410 or 1691-0410. Both are identicle rivets but the 1691-0410 has a different (gold tone) nail. I use both depending on what is available at the time.

Aircraft Spruce only sell the 1601-0410 rivet which has the smaller head that happens to be perfect for the installation of the Trailing Edge modification if you choose to do that mod, but does not have the standard head you want for everywhere else on the Lazair. So I'd suggest sticking with the two numbers at the top of this post and you will get the right rivet. They are considered low-profile headed Avex Rivets and match the best ones Ultraflight used...and the ones Chappy described above.

George Curtis
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:51 pm

Great pictures of great work
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:42 pm

Update to what I fly!

I'm picking up a Schreder HP-11 Glider this weekend and selling my Monerai Glider. My HP-11

Maybe I should polish the Lazair & HP-11 like this one!!!

Monerai will go for around $4500 is anyone is interested, but you should be under 200 lbs to be comfortable in it....thats why Im selling it....I'm 225 lbs a little to heavy for it.

Monerai for Sale

Monerai Info

Of course Im keeping the Lazair for those days when I have no place in particular to go and want to get there slow!!!!! :lol:
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:19 pm

My Porsche just went up for sale for around $4500 maybe I`ll get lucky
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:32 pm

I sure enjoy admiring your work Shannon -- however one cannot look at your pictures without thinking Mylar -- coincidentally a news report about living in Baghdad outside the green zone; while reporting the events in Iraq-

A reporter described how they put Mylar on the inside of the windows in their apartment and or hotel rooms. The reporter had high praise for Mylar and its ability to minimize the amount of glass that entered the room after an explosion.

But after listening to the report, it certainly begs the question, where do they get their Mylar, what thickness is it, what kind of prices are that paying for it, and does anybody on this list, know anyone in the Baghdad area that may have some knowledge of the Mylar supply in Baghdad.

A product suddenly in high demand can see a spike in the street price and on the other hand when the demand falls there could be a surplus on the market. The kind of story that could certainly give rise to much speculation among Lazair owners.
B)

Speaking of really nice work I found this glider on eBay -- absolutely gorgeous
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Airplane ... dZViewItem
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:50 am

Thanks.....I'd never consider using Mylar on my planes. The choice is pretty clear. You either acquire Tedlar and attach it with acrylic tapes or go with fabric (Poly-Fiber/Hi-pec/Cenconite/Ect).

Postby yankeflyer » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:35 am

New guy mistake -- I had Mylar confused with Tedlar

I probably still have a month or more to go before I can even take my new plane out of its trailer and set up the wings to see what I really have to work with.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:09 pm

so you picked one up? where did you find your bird after your search? sounds like you saw a few before you bought, did you happen to take pictures of those ones or get kit #'s? :)

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:13 pm

I bought a series one on eBay about two months ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Lazair - General