Fly Ins

Post any Ultralight , Aviation related events here

Postby pittsnut » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:25 pm

Hello you Lazair Crazys,

Any of you interested in coming up to beautiful Georgian Bay this summer? Last year had 3 Lazairs, John, Lynn and myself, 2 Challengers, and 2 Trikes. also some others flew in just for a few hours. The seneray is fantastic. I live just inland from White Cloud, Hay, and Griffith Islands, all have grass strips. Last year we did all 3.

This year looks good for Lazairs to come up. John, Andy, Lynn, Ed, JD, Everest, Pat Martin, and myself. as well as a few more Trike guys and other UL's. I have hanger space if needed and lots of parking area, also camping is great, the bruce trail runs through the property. The Niagra Escarpment is across the road. The flying is truly breath taking.

It would be great to see some new guys. Charley may bring up his 4 engine beast. I am considering to have a covering forum if enough guys show up. I have a project series 2 that I will use.

Let me know who is interested and I will post directions and some pics of the area.

Safe and :D Happy Landings!

Dale
pittsnut
Popular Lazair Member

Postby pittsnut » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Some pics.

Enjoy.

Dale
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pittsnut
Popular Lazair Member

Postby pittsnut » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:05 pm

More pics,

Flew over to the Collingwood Classics, flight waqs over the Blue Mountain Ski Resorts, what a blast.

More to come.

Dale
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pittsnut
Popular Lazair Member

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:03 am

Hey Dale,

I'd love to come over with CUN if possible. What's the date? It was great to see you guys at the Gathering of the Classics. I believe that the next Gathering will be happenning on Aug 4, but may be subject to change.

We lost our hangar space at the Collingwood Airport and are looking to relocate to Edenvale. Anyone who is by this way, stop in and have a look. The owner of the airport is very ultralight friendly and has some pretty cool plans for the future. Definately a worthwhile stop.

Cheers,
Brian D

Postby pittsnut » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:20 pm

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the quick note, sorry to hear about your field. I also have heard that Edenvale is a nice place. Perhapse we can get a group together and visit.

I am thinking of the last weekend in July, 28,29,and 30th. the Civic holiday is on Aug, 7th this year, that maybe why the Classics is that weekend. It was just great to fly over Blue Mountain on our way in.

Let me know if this sounds good. The guys that where here last year are also waiting for me to set a date. I may make it for the Aug. 4,5,6th long weekend if that will be better. Those who come could also enjoy flying over to Collingwood.

Thanks again, and keep in touch.

Dale
pittsnut
Popular Lazair Member

Postby bdiedenhofen » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:46 pm

Hey Dale,

Oops, got the date wrong. I believe that the Classics will be on Aug 5, (Sat). But there may be a problem with the date for the airport. There are discussions at present, so it's not confirmed as definate.

We focus on Classic Aircraft, but we want to include all variations of aviation and ultralights are more than welcome. The Lazair is definately a "Classic" ultralight. This is becoming one of the largest fly in's of the summer, so please do attend again if you can.

I would love to get out your way by air at some point when possible. We have sailed our boat into Big Bay on many occasions, what a great area.

Cheers,
Brian D.
bdiedenhofen
Popular Lazair Member

Postby pittsnut » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:37 pm

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the quick note. I am having our get together on the long weekend, Collingwood Classic's weekend. We will fly a group in if that would be good. Last year, John Nagy, Lynn Hugo, and myself flew in, we had a great time, lots of people asking questions, like, "do you fly in that thing"? You are right, the scenery is great not to mention flying over Blue Mountain ski resort.

You bet the Lazair is a classic, over 30 years and still going strong, that's a big deal in the Ultralight biz. Not sure but Lazairs may be the lightest still flying.

Do you have a good contact at Collingwood? It would be great to do a slow fly-by for the crowd if the weather and all other things worked out.

Just let me know. I will post the new date at, Aug. 3,4,5,6th at Big Bay.

Thanks.

Dale :D
pittsnut
Popular Lazair Member

Return to Events -- Up and coming events